Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Just for laughs - Ammo prices on GunBroker

Quote Originally Posted by Ewussor View Post
    One difference between ammo and Beanie Babies: You can go to the range and USE the ammo.
    You sure can, but I'm talking about people hoovering up tons of ammo, especially in calibers they don't even own, specifically for the purpose of flipping it on sites like gunbroker or similar venues.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ewussor View Post
    One difference between ammo and Beanie Babies: You can go to the range and USE the ammo.
    I discovered you can also use the Beanie Babies at the range too! Aim small, miss small....
    - bamboomaster

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    You sure can, but I'm talking about people hoovering up tons of ammo, especially in calibers they don't even own, specifically for the purpose of flipping it on sites like gunbroker or similar venues.
    Totally agree! this doesnt justify the whole supply and demand theory...just simply implies that people can be stupid! just messing with shooters is just plain dumb.
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by CamoJak View Post
    Totally agree! this doesnt justify the whole supply and demand theory...just simply implies that people can be stupid! just messing with shooters is just plain dumb.
    I think it's a fad almost and a fun/social thing to do, camping Wal Mart at night nicking from pallets of unstocked ammo, gettin' one over on the clerk, making buddies at your local stores to save some under the counter for you, networking online on who has what and where.

And then of course the high one gets from selling stuff that is in high demand and flipping that $30 value pack for $80 to some rube on an auction site and watching those bids climb. It's an addictive buzz.

I've seen it all before, seen all the same behaviors before, you name it. Playstation 3's, Wii's, Furby's, Beanie Babies, cabbage patch dolls, etc. There was even a run on peanut butter recently over fears of a price hike.

The thing is that when manufacturers keep pumping out tons of product and the market is crazy, at some point demand will be satisfied and when it is prices will tank, especially for those that have no vested interest in ammo. I can bet a good percentage of the ammo hawkers on gunbroker are not regular shooters. It's these people that will hit the panic button and sell at once.

Like I said the ride to the bottom can be as interesting as the ride to the top.

(Allegheny County)

What's even funnier is that people are paying it. I went to Dunhams yesterday and they had winchester 40 100rnd value packs for 49.99, along with the same in 380 for the same price. Don't need it that bad, I'll wait.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    What's even funnier is that people are paying it. I went to Dunhams yesterday and they had winchester 40 100rnd value packs for 49.99, along with the same in 380 for the same price. Don't need it that bad, I'll wait.
    Yep, a couple local shops is where I'll be buying my ammo...between 21-25 for a box of 50 on the .40, .45 and 38special....found a box of 9mm/100 for 43.00

(Butler County)

Where in Erie(or Pennsylvania) do you buy any 9mm in person for 32 cents per round? Send me a pm- I'll take a pallet please..

(Erie County)

Yep, a couple local shops is where I'll be buying my ammo...between 21-25 for a box of 50 on the .40, .45 and 38special....found a box of 9mm/100 for 43.00
    Please share this info out I need 9mm

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by mannymacfly View Post
    Please share this info out I need 9mm
    It's a hit n' miss with the local shops for ammo....ever been to "hers gun shop"? he had a few boxes of 9mm/250ct for like 175...and I got lucky finding some at the new Millcreek place when I bought my .45..they had the 9mm/100 for 42.00...I just went and hit up all the gun shops in the area from erie to edinboro..I would always buy local before i buy online.

(Allegheny County)

It's a hit n' miss with the local shops for ammo....ever been to "hers gun shop"? he had a few boxes of 9mm/250ct for like 175...and I got lucky finding some at the new Millcreek place when I bought my .45..they had the 9mm/100 for 42.00...I just went and hit up all the gun shops in the area from erie to edinboro..I would always buy local before i buy online.
    That's double what it should be, I just bought a 500rnd case for 130.00 and feel I over paid by about 30.00, but I need it if I want to shoot my 9mm's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast