Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Backlash against Jim Carrey's anti-gun remarks causes the comedian to weasel

xxx xxx xxx xxx
    Last edited by Mrg516601; July 19th, 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Default Re: Backlash against Jim Carrey's anti-gun remarks causes the comedian to weasel

washed up loser finally realizing he is irrelevant.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Default Re: Backlash against Jim Carrey's anti-gun remarks causes the comedian to weasel

How many other dumb ass Hollywood people have said or done things that cost them everything. Screw the money, I wouldn't want my reputation damaged. Well, add Jim to the list of those who will soon be looking up to see down. What a retard.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    We posted at the same time, otherwise, I could have used your quote in what's likely the beginning of my Jim Carrey, fucktard posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    How many other dumb ass Hollywood people have said or done things that cost them everything. Screw the money, I wouldn't want my reputation damaged. Well, add Jim to the list of those who will soon be looking up to see down. What a retard.
    i think the argument can be made that he was damaged goods prior to this little rant. i am glad that the nail was put in the coffin though. i still laugh when i think of that scene from the mask where he pulls out like 75 guns. how do you spell hypocrite again?
    Montani Semper Liberi

how do you spell hypocrite again?
    'CARREY'...........

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

^^^ this. In their "jump the shark" entry, Wikipedia should replace Henry Winkler's picture with Jim Carrey's. Jumping the shark is "the moment when a brand, design, or creative effort's evolution loses the essential qualities that initially defined its success and declines, ultimately, into irrelevance." Jim Carrey is now the poster child for jumping the shark. Millions of people just realized that he's a spastic, nasty, no-talent hack. And now a crybaby to boot.

(Philadelphia County)

i think the argument can be made that he was damaged goods prior to this little rant. i am glad that the nail was put in the coffin though. i still laugh when i think of that scene from the mask where he pulls out like 75 guns. how do you spell hypocrite again?
    I really don't understand what fantasies have to do with it. The guy has guards with real guns and live ammo. That's hypocrisy. He was in a movie with cartoon guns? That's like the kid with the pop tart gun. It's not real.

(Berks County)

Never liked the guy. He played the same idiot character in almost every single role, thus most of his movies were watchable at best. Seems his movie role persona is his real life one as well.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrg516601 View Post
    Jim Carrey wants us all to “just get along”. He made this statement in a recent op-ed posted at the Huffington Post, where he tries to dial down the backlash against him due to his recent anti-Second Amendment tirade.

In print, the press and on you tube, Carrey has made hate statements attacking lawful gun owners, stating that second amendment supporters are "heartless motherfuckers". He then went on Twitter to mock gun owners by stating their lives (“body and soul”) are not worth protecting. His you tube video mocks a gun rights advocate who has been dead for five years and can not defend himself.

As a result of his derogatory remarks, he has been attacked by conservative talk shows, news shows, gun owners, and others who support the second amendment or who were just plain offended that a less than relevant Canadian born comedian, who hires armed security guards to protect him, has thrust himself into this argument without regards to facts, doing so simply for the publicity. Unfortunately for him, the publicity has been more negative than anything else.

In the recent Huffington op-ed he states

“I have been aghast at the level of hatred heaped upon me, my family and the people I work with over a mere difference of opinion on this issue. Perhaps my words were a bit harsh at the onset, but calling someone a "Motherfucker" is far different than wishing them to die. It is shocking to see this concerted effort to brutally intimidate anyone who speaks of a compassionate compromise.

I don’t know what guides Mr. Carrey’s thought pattern but his insulting attack laden remarks against citizens who are obeying the law can hardly be interpreted as simply a difference of opinion. Stating the lives of gun owners (body and soul) are not worth protecting sounds an awful lot like a statement that they should die. Moreover, it is beyond my comprehension how mocking an individual dead five years is relevant to “just getting along” or even to the topic of the day. I see nothing in any of Mr. Carrey’s statements suggesting compassionate compromise. He offers nothing but insults to law abiding Americans for simply exercising their right to bear arms and his “compromise” seems to be to stop them from doing so!

Mr. Carrey’s last two posts on twitter dated April 5th certainly don’t seem to in any way promote the just get along statements he makes in the press.

Jim Carrey ‏@JimCarrey 5 Apr
    Hey world,chck out 'Cold Dead Hand' on Funny Or Die n itunes. Wht r they afraid of?It's just a funny little song
    Upset about Heston, phonies? Sorry, #NOTBUYINIT! Here's me being honest

Mr. Carrey has had a string of recent poor movie reviews and I assume these ignorant and hypocrisy laden attacks are his way of trying to remain relevant in the public eye. What probably irks him the most is that in todays day and age his views can be challenged by ordinary citizens and such challenges are being amplified by the internet and social media.
    Source link please? (Or is that your original work?)
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast