Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Female Section

Default Female Section

Please think about a female section.

Obviously the gun forums are male dominated. Did you ever ask why?

Since there are so many girl gunners a female section might be an asset to this forum. It would most definitely get more female membership here. They might just stop lurking and start posting.

The information on this forum is top notch. Is all the information top notch for a woman? Something to think about.

If you added a female section to this forum this would become the number one firearms forum on the internet.

Allot of you men want to get your wives/gf's into shooting and firearms. You've told her to get on the forum and read and ask questions. How many really have? If its too "male" they will run. If they had a female section to read and discuss their issues with other females she would soon be waking your ass up early to go to the range.

If nothing else, give it a test run for a while, if it doesn't work just delete it.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Female Section

I agree with Michele.

I believe it would be hard for a female to enter a male-dominated forum based around a male-dominated hobby.

Having a specific section for women would encourage them to check their hesitations about posting at the door and also serve to organize women shooters in the area.

The woman's voice is something the RKBA movement has lacked for almost it's entire existence. Think about how amazing it would be to have organized women shooters lobbying. Who better to approach MMM or female legislators that have supported gun control?

I'm with ya Michele

My wife agrees. She says there's a bit too much testosterone for her in some of the other threads, and in some cases a "girls and guns don't mix attitude." Lots of info, but she generally lets me ferret it out.

Now, my wife shoots 200-300 rounds a week, likes pistols, rifles, and shotguns, and is looking forward to getting into competitive shooting. She gets as big a kick, if not bigger, as I do about going through gun stores, and now she's pestering me to help with reloading. Frankly, I kind of like reloading, so we are fussing about me not sharing. She spent the day cleaning a TON of lead out of her Taurus Tracker .22's cylinders (note to anyone considering one of these guns, it HATES Federal standard velocity target loads, don't do it!!), and we are having raging competitions with our airsoft guns almost every night.

The point is, she's every bit as avid a shooter as any guy out there, gaining competence quickly and will give many a run for her money, but she's got no real voice, no place where she can hang out and talk with other chicks about guns. Women need to be given a voice and feel welcome, and we'll drastically increase our numbers, and therefore our power.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Please think about a female section.

Obviously the gun forums are male dominated. Did you ever ask why?

Since there are so many girl gunners a female section might be an asset to this forum. It would most definitely get more female membership here. They might just stop lurking and start posting.

The information on this forum is top notch. Is all the information top notch for a woman? Something to think about.

If you added a female section to this forum this would become the number one firearms forum on the internet.

Allot of you men want to get your wives/gf's into shooting and firearms. You've told her to get on the forum and read and ask questions. How many really have? If its too "male" they will run. If they had a female section to read and discuss their issues with other females she would soon be waking your ass up early to go to the range.

If nothing else, give it a test run for a while, if it doesn't work just delete it.
    i think that's a stupid idea. it would only create more segregation. not only that, but it's not like it would be a girls restroom with no guys allowed, so that wouldn't even make sense.

you obviously had no problem jostling your way into the male crowd and making plenty of friends and enemies, why would it be any different for other women?

and for crying out loud, leave the negative rep points out of this.
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    i think that's a stupid idea. it would only create more segregation. not only that, but it's not like it would be a girls restroom with no guys allowed, so that wouldn't even make sense.

you obviously had no problem jostling your way into the male crowd and making plenty of friends and enemies, why would it be any different for other women?

and for crying out loud, leave the negative rep points out of this.
    Someone call the WHAAAmbulence...

Likely it wouldn't be the "girl's restroom", but a place where women are more likely to talk to each other one-on-one. This can only do good and would really not segregate anything. You are overblowing the thought of a small group of women conversing in threads meant for their attention. What bad could come of it?

Why would women ONLY post in the women's section? How could this polarize such a small community? Its not as big of a deal as you make it.

(Dauphin County)

I also agree there should be a female section on here...I also think it would increase membership in the female aspect, and make it easier for them to again stop lurking and post. My 2 cents...good idea though

(Washington County)

I think anything that would promote the shooting sports whether it's male or female is a bonus. I say go for it!!!!
    G19/G23/ G26/G27/Walther P22/NAA 22LR /2 Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS/Mosbrg. 715T

Thumbs up Re: Female Section

I agree with Michele, It might make it easier to get my daughters to go shooting , and may be they will show the wifethat it is not just a guy thing.

(Bucks County)

It may be called a "female section", but I forsee the readership/commenters being exactly the same as every other section.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by VariableFeedback View Post
    It may be called a "female section", but I forsee the readership/commenters being exactly the same as every other section.
    my point exactly.....
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast