Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is there a NW PA area that is not friendly when it comes to guns

Hi all looking for some help with my moving area please

I will be transfering out of the crazy state I am currently CT finally thank goodness out that way in the next few months and have been looking for a place around Corry, Warren, Meadville, Centervill areas.
    I am just wondering of the NW areas is there any place i should stay away from more than any other? I am hoping to find a place with a few acers so I can shoot clay's and maybe build a small pistol range.

I have my Utah permit which i know is still accepted in PA and was wondering how hard it would be to get my Non resident PA out that way for starters and were would be the best place to apply for it.

I will be traveling back and forth for several months before the final move out there i am imagining.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

(Crawford County)

Default Re: Is there a NW PA area that is not friendly when it comes to guns

I've yet to find anywhere in Meadville that is non-gun friendly. I'm a regular OC'er here in Meadville, and have not had a bad experience with any business owners or LEO's.

Additionally, I'm sitting on a 9 acre 'spread' where I go out plinking without any issues. Matter of fact, my neighbor and I are going out to hunt the ever-elusive clay pigeon tomorrow.

Nice thing about the clay pigeon over the feathered pigeon (also known as the flying rat) is the ease of cleaning....and the fact there is no "bag" limit....and no license required!
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Pike County)

You would need a CCW from your home state to get an LTCF. Once you move, it will be easy to get one. Welcome to Pennsylvania!

Brisms/Indiandave.

Thanks for the info and sorry I should have mentioned I do have my CT CCW as well as my Utah permit.

(Armstrong County)

I'm a little south of that area in Kittanning Twp.
    I shoot on my land weekly as do allot of my neighbors. At times I hear full auto firing on the weekends.

My area is a very firearm friendly.

Once in the area you mentioned look up Altra Firearms.

(Mercer County)

Welcome to Pa. Lived here in NW Pa all of my 56 years. Firearms are a
    common factor here so you wount see many post from this area versus central and eastern Pa. Gun friendly as can be. No disrespect ment to the rest of our great commonwealth.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Odonnks View Post
    Once in the area you mentioned look up Altra Firearms.
    I second Altra Firearms. They were at a gun show in Monroeville last fall and I purchased from them. Nice and knowledgable guys, and a good deal.

I don't think you would have to worry about many places in that area until you start getting close to Erie. Our rescue goes to Warren County Winterfest every year and the folks in that area are great.

Thanks everyone for the info I really appreciate it.

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7six2 View Post
    Welcome to Pa. Lived here in NW Pa all of my 56 years. Firearms are a
    common factor here so you wount see many post from this area versus central and eastern Pa. Gun friendly as can be. No disrespect ment to the rest of our great commonwealth.
    Its why I say people should come on over to the more civilized side of the state....except that would lead to a sudden exodus, which would mean an increase in idiot sheep following the gun owners we actually want.....and an increase in idiot sheep laws like we are seeing in the East....

If only there was a way to create a filter mesh....it would only allow the gun owners access to this side of Snowshoe, PA and leave all the idiot sheep on the other side of the mountains.....anybody got any ideas?
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Erie County)

Erie here. I have never had a problem, and many for pro gunners that the other I have found.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast