Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Obama: Newtown Shooter Gunned Down 20 Children With 'Fully Automatic Weapon'

More demagoguery by the Liar-in Chief

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...on_714527.html

At a fundraiser last night in San Francisco, President Barack Obama said that the Newtown killer gunned down 20 children using a "fully automatic weapon." From the official transcript, provided by the White House:

Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Obama: Newtown Shooter Gunned Down 20 Children With 'Fully Automatic Weapon'

If you cannot acheive the results you want on the facts, make it up! It works all the time until the media gets ahold of it.
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

Default Re: Obama: Newtown Shooter Gunned Down 20 Children With 'Fully Automatic Weapon'

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    More demagoguery by the Liar-in Chief

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...on_714527.html

At a fundraiser last night in San Francisco, President Barack Obama said that the Newtown killer gunned down 20 children using a "fully automatic weapon." From the official transcript, provided by the White House:

Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.
    The part that bothers me isn't that he is a liar, it's that he spent the evening at a fundraiser. Doesn't every minute he's outside the White House cost like a billion dollars or something in travel expense and secret service detail, etc? Doesn't he have work to do today, that he could be in San Fransisco last night waiting for other lesser politicians to blow him? Enough of the politicians spending my money raising money for their party. Unless he paid for his trip out of his own pocket or from the pocket of whomever he was fundraising for, he just gave a charitable contribution of MY money to whatever he was raising funds for. Just MORE forced charity. I'm fucking sick of giving my money to all these fucking charities, under penalty of prison.

As to him being a liar, surprise surprise. The next time he tells the story, it will be a cannon. Give him like 10 more tries, and all of Connecticut will be a nuclear wasteland.

(York County)

I'm going to call Sen. Casey's office and ask, "Tell me again, why, if he used automatic weapons, are we discussing semi-automatics in congress?!?!"
    Make sure he knows that he is blindly following the BS'er-in-chief!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I'm going to call Sen. Casey's office and ask, "Tell me again, why, if he used automatic weapons, are we discussing semi-automatics in congress?!?!"
    Make sure he knows that he is blindly following the BS'er-in-chief!
    It's actually worse if it were true that he used an automatic weapon. They've been virtually banned for 80+ years, and the laws didn't stop a young kid from murdering his mother then taking that firearm and shooting up a school. That would appear to be checkmate AGAINST firearms laws, wouldn't it?

(Montgomery County)

Don't think it was a mistake. They are in the process of redefining a term. I have heard from gun control advocates that if you can fire 60 rounds a minute(quite achievable) it doesn't matter what you call it. It is for all intents and purpose "automatic". Public will buy it.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    It's actually worse if it were true that he used an automatic weapon. They've been virtually banned for 80+ years, and the laws didn't stop a young kid from murdering his mother then taking that firearm and shooting up a school. That would appear to be checkmate AGAINST firearms laws, wouldn't it?

Im not being a dick so bear with me, NO LAWS will stop a young kid from murdering his mother. NO LAW will stop any crime. Hell, I did a crime today, I drove 40 in a 35 zone on my way home from work today. As long as there are humans, there will be crime, unfortunatly. One big difference now as opposed to 30 years ago is all of the available info(cable with 300 channels/internet) available to people. So trajedies like Sandy Hook line and sinker are easier for lamestream media to spread thier horseshit and help "the agenda". Hey, at least now with the new "laws" in Connecticut, there won't be any crime...............

(Tioga County)

And obama is fully automatically stupid.

It's one thing to have a debate about things, but when one side is so retarded and misinformed or tries to misinform deliberately, it demonstrates how weak their own position is.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mil View Post
    Hell, I did a crime today, I drove 40 in a 35 zone on my way home from work today.
    Delete your post and call a lawyer immediately!!!

They are also trying to redefine "selective-fire" as well. Look at the new Connecticut bill that was signed into law today. It defines a selective fire weapon as "(A) (i) Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user" (lines 1150 and 1151 of http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/s/pdf...160-R00-SB.pdf )

So in Connecticut, a semautomatic rifle with a "Safe" and "Fire" setting is now considered a selective-fire firearm. Even though we all know "selective-fire" means there is a choice in firing modes - not just a choice between "Safe" and "Fire."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast