Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .223 REVOLVER !

(Bucks County)

Default .223 REVOLVER !

Taurus president, Bob Morrison, just announced that they will show a revolver chambered for the .223 at the SHOT Show next week.

10-inch barrel. Five shots. Scope mounts.

(Erie County)

Default Re: .223 REVOLVER !

That sounds pretty cool, I still have an AR15 pistol on my list.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Taurus president, Bob Morrison, just announced that they will show a revolver chambered for the .223 at the SHOT Show next week.
    Does anyone else get the feeling that perhaps Taurus is, umm... reaching these days? Pink and gold automatics, .17 HMR-chambered everything, .410 revolvers... and this? I'm waiting for them to announce a Plasma Rifle in the 40-watt range sometime soon. Or am I just being silly?
    Last edited by Arcana71; November 19th, 2008 at 04:12 AM.

(Cambria County)

Hey, don't knock those pink automatics! They've been pretty popular with the ladies, and Taurus has DEFINITELY realized that more women are getting into gun ownership and shooting. They've simply decided to reach out to an expanding market. A gun doesn't HAVE to be ugly. It can be pretty as well as functional. It's a girl thing.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Beaver County)

They are'nt reaching as I think you mean it, but they definatly are exploring uncharted areas.

(Berks County)

I say bravo to Taurus. Sometimes you have to swing and miss a few before you hit a home run. If people never tried anything new, there would never be any innovation.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana71 View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling that perhaps Taurus is, umm... reaching these days? Pink and gold automatics, .17 HMR-chambered everything, .410 revolvers... and this? I'm waiting for them to announce a Plasma Rifle in the 40-watt range sometime soon. Or am I just being silly?

Marc
    Sounds more like they're trying to compete with Smith and Wesson. They've got to do something since Smith came out with the .500 and .460 magnum. Smith has cranked up their R&D machine and Taurus must feel they have to be just as innovative to keep the market share they stole from Smith when the previous owners signed the deal with the Klintonistas.

(Dauphin County)

.223 revolver?? Really how many guys are gonna be buying such a thing? Taurus has always been a less expensive looking version of the S&W for the nich who can't afford the real thing. They produce a good gun for the buck. The new 1911 was a good venture. The reviews so far are good. If monies are spent on R&D on guns as the .410 pistol and a .223 revolver,how soon will their prices rival those of Smiths. All money spent on R&D needs to be recouped some where. This will take them out of the position of the less expensive Smith clone . Once their prices get close to Smiths the buyers will opt. for the Smith.I mean how many guys are thinking i need a .223 handgun? I knoiw if i wanted one It would be a TC Contender. I have one in .222 and the Contender will out shoot 99% of the revolvers on any given day. With higher vel. and better accuracy.I hope Taurus can stay in that between nich market. as it is it's bread and butter. JMHO- - ---rat--
    "AMERICANS Used To ROAR Like LIONS For LIBERTY,- NOW They BLEAT Like SHEEP For SECURITY."-_Norman Vincent Peale-____________________REMEMBER. "SECURITY WITHOUT LIBERTY Is Called PRISON."---J.L.W

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Hey, don't knock those pink automatics! They've been pretty popular with the ladies, and Taurus has DEFINITELY realized that more women are getting into gun ownership and shooting. They've simply decided to reach out to an expanding market. A gun doesn't HAVE to be ugly. It can be pretty as well as functional. It's a girl thing.
    do they make anything in PURPLE! i think that would begreat to have a glock with a purple polymer frame XD or a purple steyr aug,now thats not somthing you see every day.purple tracers anyone?

Triggerh4ppy
    Gott mit uns

(Allegheny County)

Do you know how loud that gun will be.
    I have a Bushmaster Arm Gun (Bull Pup .223 Pistol) and I can tell you it the loudest gun I own other than my .300 Winmag with a muzzle brake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast