Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Motorola razr repair

I carry a Moto razr for my cell phone, I am on my third actual razr phone and refuse to resign a new contract so I have to buy replacement phones. The phone was getting warm and the battery died half way through the day. I bought a new battery for $30. It did the same thing, last half a day, and get real warm while using it. I figured I'd try to get it swapped out as defective, but first open it up and take a peek. I didn't have a torx screw driver small enough to open the back, but I noticed two small brass contacts that contact the back cover. On the cover, there are two corresponding small pieces of insulation material. In the middle of the insulation, there was a small hole worn through, making contact with the metal battery cover. I placed a very small piece of scotch tape over the worn spots. The phone has now lasted two days on one charge and the battery is only half way discharged. I don't know what the contacts are for, I assume it has something to do with the manufacturing process.

Hope this helps someone save some money! I bought a ruger 10/22 instead of a new phone......

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Motorola razr repair

sounds like it needs adjusted.
    i'd think a 12GA would fix it right up.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Allegheny County)

It's a Razr, these kinds of battery issues happen all the time. What carrier is it? If it's AT&T or T-Mobile cut your losses and pick up a Nokia. Might cost a few bucks up front but you wo't have the issues, no contract requires for unlocked GSM phones.

If it's a CDMA (sprint, verizon, ext...) you can still find a replacement online but they are fewer and more expensive. Usually better than signing up again, but consider the cost and go from there.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    sounds like it needs adjusted.
    i'd think a 12GA would fix it right up.
    Coincidentally enough, I have a RAZR that is destined to meet a load of 00 Buck soon

As well as a Samsung from Sprint

Without seeing the phone it's impossible to say for certain.

If your phone's going dead prematurely, it sounds like there's a problem with the phone. Does it have a camera or a backlight that's remaining on?

Also try google. Here's a sample:
    http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/766220-1.html
    http://cellphoneforums.net/motorola-...-terrible.html
    http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic46805.html
    http://www.wikihow.com/Extend-the-Ba...-Wireless-RAZR
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Berks County)

I'm on my 3rd Razor now. All had the same battery issues and now this one is starting. They seem to last until the contract is about up and you can pick up another phone at discount. I wonder if there is something to that....?

All broke electronics just get to take a trip to the range.

My old computer hard drive got 10 rds of 7.62x54R high incendiary. Damn thing was jumping 4 ft off the ground! Just can't have fun like that with paper.

(Northampton County)

I know somebody at Motorola and he told me they have battery life issues a year ago. But I guess that's apparent.

(Lawrence County)

Seems that everyone I know with a razor has problems with it. I'll second the Nokia suggestion, carried one for years and never a problem. The wife picked me up a LG EnV this time around and it's been great so far. The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to open it to use the speaker phone.

(Warren County)

I finally had enough of my RAZR V3m and shot it at 10yards with my .30-06 at the gun range one day when it would ring and when I went to answer it constantly dropped the calls. I'd have 1-2 bars of signal, answer it, and beep, lost call. After 3 ring/dropped calls I shot it. I bought a LG VX8300 and haven't looked back since.
    Zone1
    My Glock does 1d6+3 dmg, but my 18 dex makes up for that...

I have Verizon. I actually think I fixed the problem by insulating the back cover from those two contacts. I have to go until September to the end of my current contract. Unfortunately, where I work, Verizon has the best reception. Other than crappy phones, I have no complaints with coverage. I have been looking at the Casio G'Zone, shock proof and water proof, but a little over 300 bucks. I have an 'in' for At&T, by SIL works for them in another state. She said she will hook me up with as many phones as I want, but, their service isn't as good as the big V where I am most of the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast