Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: price control in classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Am I the only one that read that the first time that he sits back and maniacally jerks off to the classifies?

(Philadelphia County)

Really streaker, with the semantics?????

Why is it so hard to ask for prices to be put in the header????

FINALLY SOMEONE ADDRESSED THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierce8468 View Post
    Really streaker, with the semantics?????

Why is it so hard to ask for prices to be put in the header????
    Except that's not what you asked for. You wanted "price controls". That's not the same thing at all. If you had started out by suggesting that an ask/offer price be placed in the item description I suspect people would have been much more open to your suggestion.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Allegheny County)

Oh don't look at it, why didn't i think of that? Oh thats right because I have to look at it to see the price!

Empty we all know what a mini 14 is worth don't we? Safe to say $1850 isn't going to sell here is it?

So lots of complaints about the pricing and yet you say oh well? Interesting!

Fyi a simple solution is just have people put the price in the thread header. That saves your REAL members the hassle of fishing!

Why is there a suggestion section if you just blow people off with such an attitude? I must have been confused and thought I was on PAFOA and not gunbroker.
    HMMMMM "REAL members" you say. Funny way of thinking for a guy who has been here for 6 years and cant even pony up a few bucks a year to be a supporting member.

I dont mind the classifieds rules at all and would be apalled if PAFOA controlled how i could price my items. This coming from a "paying" member
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

Quote Originally Posted by gummy jones View Post
    FINALLY SOMEONE ADDRESSED THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!

I think the adds for $1250 mini 14s are a real pisser. Hey buddy, I paid $450 for mine and it came with 500 rds of lake city and 4 good 20 rd mags.

lnib Franken rifles for $1700 Really? a cmmg lower with a dpms sportical upper? I'll give you $650 and YoU ARE getting a good deal. i dont care how many rounds went down the pipe

Stripped Plum crazy poly lowers for $200? they were $65 last year.

I think the sheep got shorn and are trying to minimize their loss after they realized how bad they got the shank

and don't even get me started on p mags

I find it tremendously humorous.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; April 2nd, 2013 at 09:09 PM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I hear Obama is going to appoint a Forum Gun Sale Czar to look into the high prices of firearms.
    That's just a cover. The real reason is he is trying to collect the sales tax and make sure you report it come April 15th.

(Allegheny County)

Oh don't look at it, why didn't i think of that? Oh thats right because I have to look at it to see the price!

Empty we all know what a mini 14 is worth don't we? Safe to say $1850 isn't going to sell here is it?

So lots of complaints about the pricing and yet you say oh well? Interesting!

Fyi a simple solution is just have people put the price in the thread header. That saves your REAL members the hassle of fishing!

Why is there a suggestion section if you just blow people off with such an attitude? I must have been confused and thought I was on PAFOA and not gunbroker.

My initial question still stands. WHO decides what I can sell my rifle for?

It may sound like I'm being snotty, but if "price control" were to be enacted as you suggest, WHO sets the "limits"? Would the price CHANGE over a period of time as the market fluctuates, or would there need to be a set "price chart"? While rifles are selling for $700, and I only permitted to list it for the "pre-inflation" price? Why should I have to sell a rifle for $500 when they sell for $700.
    Conversely, if I PAID $700 for a rifle while prices were high and decide to sell (or "dump" as you call it), why the heck can I NOT attempt to get the maximum I can? Why should I be restricted to selling for less? Because someone else thinks I'm asking too much?

I am fully aware that I do not have to spend it. My point is and was that having to fish thru non gun owner after non gun owner ad from random 3 post person all in the classifieds is not needed! Is this a site for gun owners or for people trying to dump a gun they overpaid for?

If you have had numerous members complain about this, then it seems to be an issue on this site! This is not one or two random ads, this is almost every ad you see for any semi auto rifle. it is also an issue for your bandwidth, by filling the classifieds section with ads of guns that wont sell here. Even during a regular market with fair pricing putting the price in the header saves everybody time.

I am just a measly member and you guys are the high and mighty moderators. So forgive me for over stepping my bounds and assuming your members where more important to this site than the gun dumpers wasting theirs and everyone looking for a guns time.

(a) I like the idea of listing the price in the header. I don't know how feasible it is, or what issues may result with such a thing, but it sure would make "skimming" the classifieds easier.

(b) I'm not a moderator - I resigned.

(c) My original question still stands.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

I think the prices should be set by a panel of 15 respected PAFOA members that will meet bi-monthly to determine the current market value of all firearms and accessories.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast