Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Maryland treachery

I know this is a PA forum but this should frost your cookies none the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xge789Mo-c0
    God Bless the American Armed Forces, Thank You All.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Maryland treachery

I think I would have had to shoot the guy in the chair rocking back and forth. They were all on computers and cell phones and not even paying attention to a word he was saying.

Default RE:Maryland treachery well look what CT is about to do.

Please tell me how this will stop criminals. Aslo more importantly I am suppose to be moving out to NW PA this summer please tell me things are more normal out that way and not going crazy like the rest of the east coast

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/connect...trol-bill-made

Thank You
    Last edited by Wraith724; April 1st, 2013 at 10:03 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by tcpuma View Post
    I think I would have had to shoot the guy in the chair rocking back and forth. They were all on computers and cell phones and not even paying attention to a word he was saying.

forwarded to many friends in MD

That's our corrupt governer.

This reminds me of "Battle of Athens" 1946.

(Chester County)

This crap has a habit of spreading. We are surrounded by it, and need to stop it before it starts. Thanks for posting. States like MD, NY, CT, NJ, MA are pretty much lost, but we aren't.

(Crawford County)

Default Re: Maryland treachery well look what CT is about to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith724 View Post
    Please tell me how this will stop criminals. Aslo more importantly I am suppose to be moving out to NW PA this summer please tell me things are more normal out that way and not going crazy like the rest of the east coast

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/connect...trol-bill-made

Thank You
    NW PA is about as sane an area as you are going to find these days.

I live in Meadville, PA, a smaller "city" about 40 minutes drive south of Erie, PA. The economy flat sucks up here, not going to lie. But the people are generally decent folk, and there are plenty of firearms owners all over the area. There are even a few OC'ers such as myself who go about our daily business without any of the hassles you hear about in the Philly area.

No area is perfect for everybody. But if you are coming up here with a guaranteed job with a decent paycheck and benefits, and prefer a somewhat more rural lifestyle many of the benefits or the hassles of city living, Meadville is an excellent community.

We don't have a big league football team like you find in Pittsburgh, but we do have some high school rivalries that just cannot be beaten. We also have a completely awesome youth hockey team that has so many state championships that I can't remember them all. Plus, well within striking distance of seeing the Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins play home games, since Pittsburgh is only about 1.5 hours of driving away. And there are the Erie teams (Otters, Seawolves, and a basketball and arena football team) just up the way. Oh, and don't let me forget the local college teams, either! Allegheny College Gators, Edinboro Fighting Scots, and Gannon University as well as Mercyhurst college and PennState Behrend's teams.

Most dining options around here outside of "bar food" and chains are Italian, but that's to be expected in an area with a somewhat heavy Italian cultural background. We also have a couple of steak houses that I myself have not yet sampled but have been told by reliable sources are well worth the visit.

For non-sports type entertainment, we have a dedicated amateur theater group for live performances, two cinemas (one modern, one somewhat older but a real bargain for second run films) and some real fun activities during the summer months. I myself love the big car show we have every summer right downtown, and its getting bigger every year. And let's not forget the Crawford County Fair, one of the biggest in the state. If you're a country music fan, they bring some big name acts in for a very reasonable price.

Again, in addition to our own activities we are also nicely placed for hitting Pittsburgh or Erie for an evening, so you do have access to all that good stuff as well. Even Cleveland is well within range.

As I said, no area is perfect for everybody. But as you can plainly see, I love the area I grew up in. There are a few things that piss me off around here (schools need a serious amount of work to improve), but overall I hate the idea of having to leave after I graduate college. Sadly, there are not a lot of employment opportunities in my newly chosen career field of Application Development....Probably gonna have to move to Butler, PA so I can more efficiently commute into Pittsburgh.
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Chester County)

Those that committed this act of tyranny should be dragged from the chamber and given a speedy trial and hung form the highest tree.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC