Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(Northampton County)

Default Re: The fine print of the Nutter laws can be found here

Check out the assault weapon law. It has as part of it "barrel shroud". Reading this I say it would cover M1 carbines. It would also cover Springfield M1A & M1 Garand....which are both legal in NJ & I believe CA.

I'm suprised the law didn't include bayonet lugs.

The only mag restriction I saw was 16 rds.

Nutter is an asshole.

Holy cow! So am I to understand that AR-15s and the like are illegal in Philadelphia now? What happens if you owned one previous to the law being implemented?

Edit: After reading further, I saw that you have the options of either moving, destroying your gun, or giving it to the police. That is some serious BS! I am so glad I don't live in Gestapo-delphia..
    Last edited by Hoootie; April 12th, 2008 at 08:40 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Don't worry about it. The 'laws' they are making are illegal, they violate the UFA.

(Delaware County)

what if you owned an M16 and lived in philly. they know you own it, because its nfa. Im sure a good laywer would step up to make an ass out of Nutter if the person im thinking of has any problems, i dont even know how you can legally store a m16 outside of the city since noone else is allowed to touch it.

There are alot of things illegal that the government does as standard practice. The problem is who is going to get run over before this is stopped, and whos record will get destroyed.

example 1

mr. X owns an m16 and lives in filthadelphia, he gets caught unter the new "prohibited offensive weapons" toilet paper, and is sent to jail. He pays tons of money top a laywer to fight it in state court, and is found to not be guilty of anything. but in 5 years when he applys for a form 1 for a silencer he gets denied for a weapons charge the city refuses to remove from his record. lawsuit again more of his money wasted for no reason. Even if he buys a handgun, he is put into investigation by PSP instead of instantly approved. The law is illegal, but who has to deal with it???
    Last edited by Chevmeister; April 12th, 2008 at 09:22 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoootie View Post
    Holy cow! So am I to understand that AR-15s and the like are illegal in Philadelphia now? What happens if you owned one previous to the law being implemented?

Edit: After reading further, I saw that you have the options of either moving, destroying your gun, or giving it to the police. That is some serious BS! I am so glad I don't live in Gestapo-delphia..
    I put my house up for sale today and will be looking in to Bensalem (Bucks), it's right outside of city limits and it's not under communist rule.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotek85 View Post
    Don't worry about it. The 'laws' they are making are illegal, they violate the UFA.
    They are illegal but it should cost a law abiding gun owner time and money to have to fight them.

I wrote every House member and Senate member asking them to stop sending funds to Phila and to get the AG to move into the city and arrest the mayor and council members who voted for these laws. I made a point if the cities DA won't fight crime it's the AGs right to move in and do the job.

Now lets see what I get back

(Delaware County)

Just a thought I had while taking my ritual morning....... If any member who lives in philadelphia has a "Prohibited offensive Weapon". Or a box of parts that would cause them legal dificulties. I know most of you have family or friends who live outside of the city. If you do not im sure there are members who would be willing to store your evil rifles, and "high cap" mags in their safe untill you either move, or have Nutter arrested. I have some safe room, if you can provide a document that keeps both of us legal and safe under state law, it will be sitting there untill you come to retrieve it.

Just an offer on the table. Only what could legally be transfered by STATE LAW, you know the one that matters.

(Northampton County)

They Just outlawed all AR15 types, eliminated the Womans ability to defened herself when she needs it most and I guess they did not even realize Straw purchases are already illegal. I guess since they wrote the law the criminals will surely obey it.

So far not one good law that fights crime or aimed at the criminal element.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyshooter View Post
    I put my house up for sale today and will be looking in to Bensalem (Bucks), it's right outside of city limits and it's not under communist rule.
    Good idea, but that is a real shame that you are forced to move thanks to this illegal set of laws. I think a law suit should be brought against Nutter. The thing that upsets me the most is that they don't have any provisions for grandfathering. Obviously the laws are awful in the first place, but telling people to destroy thousands of dollars worth of LEGALLY PURCHASED possessions is appalling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast