Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Obama: 'Remember how we felt after Sandy Hook'

President Obama on Thursday attempted to increase pressure on Congress to pass a package of gun-control bills. "We need everybody to remember how we felt 100 days ago."

WASHINGTON — Standing among a group of mothers who have lost children to gun violence, President Obama on Thursday attempted to increase pressure on Congress to pass a package of gun-control bills.

"We need everybody to remember how we felt 100 days ago and make sure that what we said at that time wasn't just a bunch of platitudes — that we meant it," Obama said in remarks at the White House. The audience for his speech included family and friends of victims of the Dec. 14 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

The president's comments came as the Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a gun control advocacy group led by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, and Organizing for Action, a pro-Obama group spun off from his presidential campaign, held dozens of events across the country to demand action on reducing gun violence.

The Bloomberg backed group also released a new television ad on Thursday featuring Sandy Hook families.

Read the rest of the story here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...lence/2028051/

(York County)

Default Re: Obama: 'Remember how we felt after Sandy Hook'

Just saw the second half of his video about speeches not being enough...

...talk about knee-jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Our Glorious Leader
    It won't solve every problem, there will still be gun deaths, there will still be tragedies, there will still be violence, there will still be evil.
    Translation: We don't know what to do, but by golly we need to do something!

(Bucks County)

on't worry, if he can't get them to remember it enough that they want to pass dracvonian gun control measures, well, he'll just orchestrate another big theater/Mcdonalds/school/church/mall(pick one) shooting.

Don't kid yourselves for one minute that forces within our government weren't involved in at least Aurora and Newtown. Too many coincidences and similarities, and the 'convenience level' of the timing of both those events SCREAMS 'government involvement'.

(Lebanon County)

Mr. President,

The day of those tragic events of Sandy Hook, I was upset and appalled. It wasn’t because of guns but rather because of the lack of funding that is provided to assist agencies that deal with people that carry out these tragic events. Fix that problem and you will not have to worry about remembering how we felt after Sandy Hook ever again.
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

(Centre County)

"remember how we felt"!!!! Please??? Please remember..please? Wait, the emotion has worn off?...I can only get things done by appealing to fear and ignorance? Aw..guess I'll go back to making dog burgers in Kenya.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by StingyGunner View Post
    "remember how we felt"!!!! Please??? Please remember..please? Wait, the emotion has worn off?...I can only get things done by appealing to fear and ignorance? Aw..guess I'll go back to making dog burgers in Kenya.
    Haha, that's just what I was thinking. Hey Mr. Pres.! The economy sucks, remember...please remember ! Do your stinking job you poor excuse for a human being !
    Jesus is Lord !

Glad he brought this up, it inspired me to go back and read my post from the day Sandy Hook happened. Never want to forget what I was feeling that day and I can tell you exactly how I felt. Thank you Mr. Obama for the reminder although I doubt this is what Obama had in mind with his statement.

"Having had time to digest the tragedy today, it has reaffirmed a few things for me. I have a 6 year old son and I keep thinking what if that was my child. I have plenty of nephews that age and can't imagine what it would be like to lose them. My heart truly goes out to all the people involved. No parent should outlive their child, and no parent should have to go through what those parents are going through right now. I do not like to use terms like "tragedy" loosely, but that is what today was.

Today reaffirmed that there are sick people out there who don't care if they hurt me, my family or friends. What that scumbag did in that school to those children and adults could happen anywhere anytime. I may not be able to protect my family 24/7, I may not be able to control every variable, but will do so as much as I possibly can. Today's events have reaffirmed my commitment to not being a sitting duck and protecting my 2nd amendment rights.

If I am in a restaurant, I will be armed. If I am in a store, I will be armed. Anywhere I can legally protect my family and myself, I will do so. I will also put more effort into avoiding places that do not respect a person's right to self defense and where I can not protect myself. When tragedy's like today are happening in the world, I can not support companies that have no problem with me becoming a statistic.

If someone does something like today's shooting in a place that I am present, I will try to make a positive difference and keep this from happening. I will protect my family. I will try to keep the person from having and easy time destroying the lives of so many. If people want to take away my right to self defense I will push back to keep my rights. Unfortunately it sometimes takes events like this to realize why we have the 2nd amendment. The 2nd Amendment is not to give people like the loser today the ability to do what he did, but to give people like us the ability to protect us and our children from them.

I will continue to promote personal responsibility. I will continue to contact and write representative about my desire to protect the 2nd amendment for good honest citizens who should not be at the mercy of psychopaths like the person who shot up the school. I will not let the bad guys win. I will not let the low life shooters like the guy today win. "
    Last edited by internet troll; March 28th, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

(Northampton County)

I feel the same way I felt 100 days ago..I am still worried about our 14 trillion debt. terrified about Obama care, and really worried about what will be left of the USA and It's constitution once he leaves office.

If they think Bush left a mess, They have no Idea what's coming after the regime leaves office.

(Monroe County)

...and my response was to send another $20 contribution to the NRA.

...I also sent out email to Reps.

That Newtown line is going to get old very quickly. Obama can only pull that card out so many times. After a while it is like crying "wolf".
    Last edited by tsafa; March 28th, 2013 at 05:03 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Clinton passed an AWB.. You can bet Obama won't leave office without a major blow to the Second Amendment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast