Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LTCF revoked?

(Berks County)

Default LTCF revoked?

I was informed today my LTCF is being revoked due to a pics denial when trying to buy a handgun. I have a warrant in NY state for failure to appear. The warrant is a mistake on NY's end. My Lawyer thinks a judge forgot to file something. We have to paperwork to prove it. It will be cleared up for sure. I'm assuming I'll receive a letter about it being revoked. After the bogus warrant is taken care of, Can I fight this? Will the letter telling me its revoked have a form to send in or will it have to go to court? Wondering what the process is. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Takem; March 27th, 2013 at 04:00 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: LTCF revoked?

Who told you it would be revoked?
    Only the Sheriff can do that

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Takem View Post
    I was informed today my LTCF is being revoked due to a pics denial when trying to buy a handgun. I have a warrant in NY state for failure to appear. The warrant is a mistake on NY's fault. My Lawyer thinks a judge forgot to file something. We have to paperwork to prove it. It will be cleared up for sure. I'm assuming I'll receive a letter about it being revoked. After the bogus warrant is taken car of, Can I fight this? Will the letter telling me its revoked have a form to send in or will it have to go to court? Wondering what the process is. Thanks in advance.
    After the bogus warrant issue is cleared up you should be able to appeal the revocation of your LTCF. Be sure to keep every document you have, and to bring any record you get of the warrant being quashed/rescinded. Be sure to have your lawyer get you some notice that the warrant has been removed.

You will probably have to file in your county court to appeal the revocation.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

ok thank you. Hopefully I'll get some paperwork to file with the letter?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Who told you it would be revoked?
    Only the Sheriff can do that
    Pics challenge lady. She said she was sending notice to the sheriff. It's my fault I guess. I told her I had a ltcf. She got very upset and said no no no that doesn't exist for you anymore. She was rude and seemed positive I wasn't going to get it cleared up for some reason. She also said she had the warrant in front of her and but wouldn't tell me anything on it. Not even a date it was filed.
    Last edited by Takem; March 27th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.

So how did the PICS go thru for your LTCF but not on the gun purchase...wondering?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    So how did the PICS go thru for your LTCF but not on the gun purchase...wondering?
    I'd love to know. Also purchased a couple guns in the past few months. Maybe the warrant is recent. I'm thinking I've got a few months of phone calls, mailing letters and frustration.

(Berks County)

As I posted in your other thread, you need to take copies of your LTCF (also color photos if possible) before you need to turn it in. Also, you consult an attorney regarding filing an appeal, as you have significantly more rights in an issued LTCF than when you are simply applying for one, based on a case that I recently handled before the Commonwealth Court.

You need to make sure any appeal filed is very specific in the issues you are raising, as well as, to ensure that you get discovery.
    Joshua Prince, Esq. - Firearms Industry Consulting Group - www.PaFirearmsLawyer.com

(Chester County)

Good luck Takem, and you are probably correct in thinking this is going to take months of hard work to clear your name.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like there has been more denials and carry licenses pulled in the post Sandy Hook era. Is it just me? Or is it my bitter, gun clinging, and freedom loving alter ego?
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    As I posted in your other thread, you need to take copies of your LTCF (also color photos if possible) before you need to turn it in. Also, you consult an attorney regarding filing an appeal, as you have significantly more rights in an issued LTCF than when you are simply applying for one, based on a case that I recently handled before the Commonwealth Court.

You need to make sure any appeal filed is very specific in the issues you are raising, as well as, to ensure that you get discovery.

Seems your advice was solid. After a lot of searching I think appealing it without a lawyer is a little beyond me. No guarantee I'll win either. I can't justify the money. Looks like they win. Do I have to wait a year to apply for the ltcf again? I realize I'm less likely to get it after it being revoked but I'll just try each year until it happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast