Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Stand Your Ground example: Man pulls gun in road rage fight, caught on tape

See video!! Happen in North Carolina.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50143612n

Self Defense 101: A license to carry a gun doesn't give people the right to instigate a confrontation; be the aggressor, then pull a gun out when you're getting your *ss whoop!!! George Zimmerman anyone?!

This is an irresponsible gun holder. And frankly, I'm glad he got charged.
    Last edited by one_Self; March 26th, 2013 at 11:54 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Lesson in Self Defense: Man pulls gun in road rage fight, caught on tape

Quote Originally Posted by one_Self View Post

Self Defense 101: A license to carry a gun doesn't give people the right to instigate a confrontation; be the aggressor, then pull a gun out when you're getting your *ss whoop!!! George Zimmerman anyone?!

Thats my opinion of what was shown in the video.

The "boys" used necessary force to resist an attack upon them, while they were in their vehicle, then once the "perp" was thrown down they backed away.

I call the use of force by the "boys" justified, and the "perp" guilty of assault, and whatever NC has on the books for pulling the gun wrongfully(and the wife).

Now, that is just going by what was shown in the video.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Lesson in Self Defense: Man pulls gun in road rage fight, caught on tape

He pointed a handgun at something he wasn't fixing to shoot. He was risking an accidental discharge.

If he wasn't going to fire at most he could have held it "Port Arms".

Since the kids backed off he lost the element of "self defense". He became the aggressor.

Ain't allowed to start a fight while conceal carrying. That's just asking for legal trouble. At least as I see it. Don't know what North Carolina Case Law says.
    Last edited by GeneCC; March 27th, 2013 at 12:10 AM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Stand Your Ground example: Man pulls gun in road rage fight, caught on tape

In this case we have 4 accounts of what happened & video. In the Zimmerman/Martin case we have 1 account & no video. This is a bad comparison.

Neither of these 3 guys in the video can fight worth a shit.
    I've trained with women who I think could have dealt more effective strikes.

The guy who got beat up...if you can call it that....was stupid to pull his gun. Dumb shit like this will be used by the antis.
    Last edited by reverserboy; March 27th, 2013 at 02:21 AM.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Stand Your Ground example: Man pulls gun in road rage fight, caught on tape

Looked fake and staged to me.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

All i saw was two skinny dudes beating a guy up and the guy pulling a gun on them. Is part of the video missing?

(Lebanon County)

Get pissed off because you get cut off, confront the offending driver, take the first swing, get your ass handed to you by two guys, have your wife hand you your gun, and still think you are in the right... Yeah this guy is going to lose is LTCF, if he ever had one.
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

(Bucks County)

Just another example of why it is easier to let the guy who cuts you off have his little victory and go on with your day.

(Delaware County)

Misleading thread title is misleading - I'd have made it say "Bad Example of..." or "How NOT to use Stand Your Ground" or something aking to that.

As soon as I saw the title though, I knew which video this was because I watched it right after it was posted. The male driver who's sour about being cut off needs to go to jail for assault with a deadly weapon and risking a catastrophe until he learns to control his motherfucking temper.

The two kids from the pickup defended themselves against an assailant, and while they fight like a couple of Manhattan prostitutes, they were attacked.

I get as irritated at idiot drivers as much as the next guy - just ask my girlfriend - but going after them like that after the issue has already gone away is just foolishness.

(Clarion County)

Stand your ground is out the window since he was the initial aggressor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast