Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default The Best .45ACP Semi-Auto....

OK, sure....overstated? Maybe, maybe not.

But...this is by far the best .45ACP semi-auto I have and have used.

The FNH FN .45ACP Tactical (Flat Dark Earth).

Here's an overview of the handgun, with unboxing, introduction, close ups, and shooting demo.

Enjoy, I know I sure am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INuFeREkg6U
    Life/Patron member of NRA

Default Re: The Best .45ACP Semi-Auto....

I'd like to shoot one. I've only held a couple at the LGS. I envy you having that trigger; it's probably the best I've ever felt on a DA/SA gun sitting on a shelf. It's even a tic better than a USP, at least compared to mine. I don't envy the mammoth grip that it has, but the USP isn't a CM 9, either. I like the natural point the FN has, and having cut outs for a mil dot is a huge plus. Enjoy...and yes, I am a little envious.
    Last edited by harold63; March 23rd, 2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: misspell
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    OK, sure....overstated? Maybe, maybe not.

But...this is by far the best .45ACP semi-auto I have and have used.

The FNH FN .45ACP Tactical (Flat Dark Earth).

Here's an overview of the handgun, with unboxing, introduction, close ups, and shooting demo.

Enjoy, I know I sure am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INuFeREkg6U
    I own an FNX45 Tactical in FDE. Although it is one of my favorite handguns, in my opinion it doesn't come close to a high end 1911 .45ACP, but in the same respect doesn't cost as much either..
    Last edited by AlphaChase; March 23rd, 2013 at 07:11 PM.

(Northampton County)

I have one of the FNH FNX 45 Tacs too. I have to admit, it's as accurate as my full size Kimber. I have yet to see how it stacks up to my buddy's Mark 23 as far as accuracy, the Tac has the upper hand on ergonomics (grip like a 2x4) over the Mk23. The Tac is a smooth shooter, ergonomic, points well and has the added bonus of an 8 extra rounds! My overall impression: it was a good buy, if you can locate one, buy it.

Now, just to find the scratch for a can.

In my opinion the classic simplicity of a 1911 out performs most semi autos out there. Especially when you get into high end stuff.

Shoot a High end 1911, les Baer, Ed brown, Wilson combat etc, or just look at the build quality and feel.

If you do that you will quickly loose your mindset on that fnh

I have a Glock 21 that is a great gun, but nothing in my opinion compares to a 1911 for a .45 offering.

Quote Originally Posted by savagemod11 View Post
    In my opinion the classic simplicity of a 1911 out performs most semi autos out there. Especially when you get into high end stuff.

Shoot a High end 1911, les Baer, Ed brown, Wilson combat etc, or just look at the build quality and feel.

If you do that you will quickly loose your mindset on that fnh

I have a Glock 21 that is a great gun, but nothing in my opinion compares to a 1911 for a .45 offering.
    In 45 acp, nothing shoots like a 1911. It's impossible to shoot every 45 pistol out there and I own my share (Colt LW Commander, Sig P220 Carry, HK45C, Glock 30sf, Ed Brown Executive Carry), but as far as shootability and accuracy, nothing I own or have shot equals the accuracy and ease of shooting of a quality 1911. I've owned a Colt Lightweight Commander for a couple of years. It's a great pistol, but after 2,000 rounds I started having problems with it....(long story). Recently I acquired an Ed Brown Executive Carry.....wow, what a beautiful pistol and it shoots everything I put in the magazine. Now I see what all of the 1911 fans talk about. In the hand and at the range a well built 1911 is one piece of art. I carried a Sig P220 Carry for a couple of years...but now it's in my safe. I miss it on my hip, but the Ed Brown has taken it's place.....

(Philadelphia County)

I like both my Remington R1 and Sig Sauer P220 Carry (.45) and I prefer the R1, though I like both.

(Tioga County)

I shot an FNX 45 today for the first time. Very, very nice gun.

First time I saw it, honestly wasn't too sure about it. But after shooting it, it's great to shoot. No real annoying habits about it. 15 rounds of .45, so it is definitely a big girl, but it carries the weight and size well.

(Montgomery County)

Had my eye on this pistol for a spell..actually have foregone picking one up because I couldnt talk myself into it. I've seen both tactical and regular versions at Tanners and Claytons over the past few months.. I suspect I'll get around to it soon enough.. Hearing the positive experiences here is helping..