Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Here comes the over priced LNIB ar15 flood.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlafftablett View Post
    I give it 4-6 months before prices are normalized again. Dealers are not going to give more than 50-75% of cost on a used gun no matter how like new it is
    50% of MSRP not what folks paid for it. Just wanted to clarify for those who panic bought and are now looking to dump their guns.

Hokkmike Guest

It is what it is folks. I bought my AK at a higher than usual price but it is mine and I am keeping it. Up, down, doesn't matter to me. I have my one, as the Democrats like to say, "fully semi automatic assault weapon" and I am keeping it. The battle may have been won but the war is far from over.

(Lancaster County)

Being that i missed out on my AR back in December (its all i wanted fro Xmas and i had been saving ) I figured at this point i am going to build mine. My lower will be in next week and from that point ill buy what i need and want when it becomes availible. Once i have the lower in my name they can KISS MY REAR ...

Prices are slowly coming back down but they wont ever go back to pr-panic money. If you have some extra $$$ buy what you can when you can and learn from this. Next time most of us wont be caught off gaurd and will be better stocked and prepared for the next attack on our 2A. They will come again and again .. Dems don't like to be defeated at their own game.
    An Armed society is a polite one

Things will get interesting...ARs from manufacturers and distributors are finding their way into shops at 10-20% above pre-panic prices, the rate at which these are getting sold is slowing down, and people will inevitably realize they made a terrible mistake paying 2k and up for an AR. Some people are going to be taking a hell of a loss when it comes time to sell.

(Allegheny County)

I'm amused at the wording in some classified ads. "I just want to get what I have in it" $1800-$2000 range. Personally I think they are better off keeping it, waiting until someone rattles the democrats cage again before they put it back up for sale. The panic is over and prices are falling quicker than most people realize. I'm seeing New Colt 6920's starting to pop up at $1200-$1300. DPMS's new in the box for $1000-$1100.

If you're still asking $1800 plus for a AR-15 you are at least three weeks behind in pricing. When these manufactures weapons start hitting the store shelves in quantity in the next 30-90 days there is going to be a blood bath in the used market for those who bought one or more to make a quick buck during the height of the panic.

(Monroe County)

[Pending no more major ban scares, we'll be flooded in guns by summer.
    First off . . . on top of the political collapse of federal level firearms ban legislation, I think that the "people" are not only "Chicken Littled-out" but at this point are mostly defiant. Many now believe that Feinstein and the rest of those slimy rats have blown their tiny wad of political capital.

And now . . . we have tax season with higher rates upon us. The economy still sucks and is not in fact getting really better. Joe Blow who in a panic overpaid for that AR15 rifles and is going to need cash will have to take the hair cut and sell for less. The market will dictate and there will likely be many, many more sellers than buyers. Need to figure too that most people who want these things already own them and the few wanna-bee types are going to wait for the eventual blowout.

As the man says . . . Stay Tuned!
    Last edited by Capt Quahog; March 24th, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
    "Make peaceful revolution impossible, violent revolution is inevitable." JFK

(Erie County)

I wasn't going to pay the inflated prices for a rifle, so I'm going to put my own together. Picked up my Seekins lower at Bobs yesterday now to get the rest of the parts I need and put it all together.

(Lackawanna County)

i love seeing the guys who bought 5-10 of them thinking they were going to clean up when the ban went through get stuck with them. Karma's a bitch aint it.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    It is what it is folks. I bought my AK at a higher than usual price but it is mine and I am keeping it. Up, down, doesn't matter to me. I have my one, as the Democrats like to say, "fully semi automatic assault weapon" and I am keeping it. The battle may have been won but the war is far from over.

I'm totally with you on that one. 100%. If its worth it to you to pay a few hundred dollars more than what you could have paid 6 months ago then by all means go for it. I'm going through the same thing right now.

(Delaware County)

I will admit I panic bought an ar. I had bought a spikes last January but ended up selling it after waiting 8 weeks to get it ( sold it to fund an engagement ring) I was more concerned with funding christmas leading up to the current panic. So I overpaid for a Colt by about $300, funny thing is, I do not regret it one bit & have no plans on selling it. I just wish the panic would subside so I don't have to over pay for a PTR91

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast