Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Franklin County 2nd Amendment Freedom Rally

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Franklin County 2nd Amendment Freedom Rally

This is less then a week away! Tell all of your friends and family!

(Franklin County)

I did, should be a good day.

(Franklin County)

This events Facebook page placed a request making it appear that the carrying of loaded long guns at the event might be frowned upon by public officials. It drew some attention and the were 'politely' asked who made such a request. The answer was, that they didn't feel they needed to reveal that source.

Now that discussion has been censored/removed, as well as the no loaded long gun request. It would have looked better if the discussion remained, even it it did remain unanswered. But the shoddy answer and now the censoring? It doesn't look too good for the event organizer/s

https://www.facebook.com/events/585277511501312/?ref=3

(Franklin County)

Like it was stated. "We appreciate all of the hard work put into an event like this" but it was a simple question asked to reveal the source that was frowning on loaded long guns being brought to the event. The censoring is really uncalled for and your actions have now cast some doubts.

(Franklin County)

This is tomorrow! Looks to be a beautiful day! Come out and support your Freedoms!

(Franklin County)

Peddler, it was the Chambersburg Boro Police Chief. He was not trying to infringe on our rights, he was concerned about one going off in a big crowd by accident. Nothing more, Nothing less. Don't read into it. We already have assurances from the County Sheriff there will be no issues with Open Carry and CC. The Police chief He was "concerned" of Accidents... You are free to exercise your constitutional rights under PA and Federal law at the event.
    Last edited by Airless; April 5th, 2013 at 12:38 PM.

(Franklin County)

Don't read into it? Don't read into the censoring and the way that the guest speakers were also removed from the Facebook event page? I'm not trying to rattle any cages Airless, and it's nothing personal. But with the way our rights and even some of the pro's have attempted to nanny down this and that to try and make it more palatable for the sheeple. I'm not saying that happened here, but there's been no follow up explanation and that often leads to people forming opinions that may not be correct. It's up to the the person/s that did something to allow the opinions to be formed in the first place to rectify that.

Well, what happened on the Facebook event page happened. There was a reason for it and there was a reason for the censoring. Asking to "Don't look into' makes little sense at all. If it happened to you, you'd likely be asking questions too, or you should. It's supposed to be an event organized by a pro 2nd Amendment organizer. What they've done doesn't stand up to their own "9 Principles & 12 Values." Just saying. Good day to you.

(Franklin County)

Not trying to sound like an ass here peddler, I am one of the event's creators. I am a member of the 912 project. I am also a lifetime member of the NRA, GOA Member, and a NAGR member. No one is trying to be shady or deceptive. We had issues with our event page for a while now. You can believe there is some conspiracy here with our group if you want to but I promise our single goal is to create and event to support our rights. We have poured a lot of time into this. I have missed time with my children spending time working on this. It's your choice to come tomorrow if you like. We are humans just like you. Not perfect and we are doing our best to put on a good rally. I don't see anyone else in franklin county putting and rally together? Where is the Republican Party?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Airless View Post
    Not trying to sound like an ass here peddler, I am one of the event's creators. I am a member of the 912 project. I am also a lifetime member of the NRA, GOA Member, and a NAGR member. No one is trying to be shady or deceptive. We had issues with our event page for a while now. You can believe there is some conspiracy here with our group if you want to but I promise our single goal is to create and event to support our rights. We have poured a lot of time into this. I have missed time with my children spending time working on this. It's your choice to come tomorrow if you like. We are humans just like you. Not perfect and we are doing our best to put on a good rally. I don't see anyone else in franklin county putting and rally together? Where is the Republican Party?
    A for effort. F- for execution.

I'd wager the general citizenry is more adept at "safe handling" than the police. It's a documented fact that they (citizens) are better shots. I'm an adult and I don't need a nanny. I know how to safely handle firearms, and should there be some lapse, *I* am solely responsible for my actions.

That's kind of how liberty works (or is supposed to if it actually existed somewhere).

"Supporter of our cause" or not, the chief should mind his own business. If he's acting in his personal capacity, his job title should never have come into play, and if he's not, he's got no business getting involved, and may be in violation of more than one PA law.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast