Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Anyone have experiece with a quad rail on a M500?

I recently bought a Mossberg 500 tactical, and I would like to add a mounted light and improved sights (from single bead), and was considering the Black Aces Tactical quad rail. This gun will mainly be used for HD, so I'm wondering if a quad rail will make it more difficult to handle or maneuver with the added weight. I'm torn between buying a quad rail or just getting a railed forend and adding stock ghost ring sights.
    "Give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

(Lackawanna County)

check out amazon. there are a couple different manufacturers and lots of reviews. I'm in the process of working over my 500 as well. I decided not to go with the quad rail system because I really wanted more simplicity in my build. I watched a couple YouTube videos as well, they look really cool but I just decided it wasn't for me. good luck with your build.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Anyone have experiece with a quad rail on a M500?

if your patient you can wait till magpul releases the fore end for the mossberg

that has their MOE slots where you can mount rail sections and such. Im thinking it would work good with a TRL on there. I'm anxious to get my hands on it
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

(Beaver County)

There is absolutely no reason you need a full length rail system for a home defense shotgun. Get a magazine tube clamp with a rail for a light and save yourself a pound of useless rail space. The bead is just fine for CQB too but you can get a rail and add a red dot sight if you want. Adding ghost rings to a bead sight shotgun is a bad idea. It's a lot cheaper to buy a gun with the sights than to add them later.

Quad rail seems like overkill. Stick w/ a magazine clamp for simplicity and weight.

My personal opinion on scattergun sights for close range is to stick with bead because it's the easiest to use with two eyes open, but I don't think it matters too much.