Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default WTF OpticsPlanet

Just tried ordering a pair of scope rings from OpticsPlanet and they put my order on hold till I would send them a copy of my drivers license. They said it was due to Fed regulations. Seriously, WTF!!! It was a set of scope rings not a g*d damn rocket launcher!!! Never had this problem before ordering from any where else, including ordering ammo online. Told them this was B.S. and just canceled my order. Has anyone else had any similar problems?

Default Re: WTF OpticsPlanet

Quote Originally Posted by jsl147 View Post
    Just tried ordering a pair of scope rings from OpticsPlanet and they put my order on hold till I would send them a copy of my drivers license. They said it was due to Fed regulations. Seriously, WTF!!! It was a set of scope rings not a g*d damn rocket launcher!!! Never had this problem before ordering from any where else, including ordering ammo online. Told them this was B.S. and just canceled my order. Has anyone else had any similar problems?
    Nope. If I don't like a companies policy I spend my money elsewhere, and I tend not to whine about it. It's really that simple..

(Lawrence County)

I just bought a scope from them 2 weeks ago and didn't have to send in anything. I don't see it as whining, I see it as informing.

(Philadelphia County)

Ok sorry if it comes off as a little whiney. I'm just wondering why there would have to be a Federal regulation on scope rings and what those regulations are.

Have you ever ordered from them before? Maybe it's a first-time customer thing???

(Bucks County)

Wink Re: WTF OpticsPlanet

Maybe it's because philadelphia has so many jack-assy shipping restrictions.
    "The chair is against the wall, John has a long mustasche"

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Have you ever ordered from them before? Maybe it's a first-time customer thing???
    No, I've spent a decent amount of money on that site over the last few years and still have not had 1 issue with them. Never been asked for ID for anything I've bought and 90% of my purchases were gun related stuff.

That being said, if this is some new BS policy I will find a new goto online site(I haven't ordered anything from them yet this year so I can't say if the OP is right)

I've gotten a few items from them in the past with no hassles whatsoever. They do have a great selection on a wide variety of products.

That said, I cant get off their email list and it pisses me off. I've tried unsubscribing numerous times to no avail. I've also heard wishy-washy reviews around the Web about them, their policies, and their CS.

I'll be looking elsewhere first in the future.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Philadelphia County)

I have ordered from them before but that was a few years ago. My address or credit card was the same back then and it was an eotech sight (which I got with no problem). I just don't understand why ordering a set of rings would need verification.

(Chester County)

I just got a Galco Holster for my Sig from them. Fast delivery, good price, had the one I was looking for in stock. No problems with them. Maybe they had a problem with your credit card and were checking to make sure it's actually you that is doing the ordering. I don't know how they would know your Driver's License number to compare it to a database but nothing surprises me anymore.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast