Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Are We At War ?

(Dauphin County)

Default Are We At War ?

i was just thinking about this the other day are we technically at war? or is this a police action ? or what ?

technically if we are at war "we the people" are a malitia and should be armed at all times correct ?

please correct me if i am wrong on this.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Are We At War ?

Nope. The U.S. hasn't declared war since June 2, 1942.

Oh, and just a point of information -

While there has been no formal declaration of war by congress, it has been postulated that since Article One, Section Eight of the Constitution says "Congress shall have power to ... declare War;" yet provides no specific format for what form legislation text must have to be considered a "Declaration of War" nor does the Constitution itself use this term that congresses' "Authorizations of Force" could be construed as declarations of war, especially in cases where the "Force" authorized is a Casus belli or "act of war".
    Last edited by lildobe; April 10th, 2008 at 02:45 AM.

(York County)

Where did the " we the people are a militia and should be armed at all times come from"?

Even with out the official "Declaration" I would say that yes we are at war.

BB
    3%

(Dauphin County)

sorry the armed at all times was not a direct quote , but a paraphrase of a general idea that if a country was at war the militia should and would be armed at all times..

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by lildobe View Post
    Nope. The U.S. hasn't declared war since June 2, 1942.

Oh, and just a point of information -

While there has been no formal declaration of war by congress, it has been postulated that since Article One, Section Eight of the Constitution says "Congress shall have power to ... declare War;" yet provides no specific format for what form legislation text must have to be considered a "Declaration of War" nor does the Constitution itself use this term that congresses' "Authorizations of Force" could be construed as declarations of war, especially in cases where the "Force" authorized is a Casus belli or "act of war".
    Everyone always forgets grenada :-P