Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Rip off by Steve Stoltzfus of Bullseye Shooter Source

Like to tell everyone a story about my experience with Steve Stoltzfus, owner of Bullseye Shooters Source.

Had some good experience with him. He did two transfers for me at great price and service. Sold me one sig pistol at good price. Did three consignment sales and handled well.

Then on 3-10-12 I place an Enfield Number one mark 3 rifle on consignment with Bullseye Shooter Source for $425 with 10% of sale price to go for consignment fee.

I kept asking and told rifle not sold, but later Steve gave story about rifle being placed on layaway. I never authorized layaway, but thought ok. Steve said would try and get guy to come in with money and finish purchase.

So thinking rifle still not out of layaway, I went to Steve's shop in early July 2012. Asked where is Steve and told he was at Camp Perry. I said my enfield rifle not in consignment rack, has it been sold? Guys there did not know status, said have to ask Steve when he returned.

So I called when Steve returned and Steve said JUST sold and would send me check. Never got check. First excuse was wife was handling payment and he would ascertain status, like he needed appointment to see wife. Called again and Steve said wife had a lot of envelopes with checks in car she had to mail and he was not sure what happening but would look into. Called again when no check and Steve said wife was out of stamps. I do not lie to you Steve's excuse was wife was out of stamps after implying a mail box was hard to find in Elizabethtown. Hey, Steve post offices are one stop shops, can buy stamps and mail all at once.

I then send Steve letter and enclose self addressed stamped envelope for him to mail me check. Nothing happened.

So I filed complaint with Pa Bureau of Consumer Protection, part of Attorney Generals Office. The case was assigned to Agent Brandon Gill and given case number BCP-12-05-029084. Agent Gill can be reached at 717-787-9707. Well, Steve stonewalled Bureau of Consumer Protection and did not return their calls.

Bureau of Consumer Protection not much of regulatory agency and just told me they could do nothing. I called Senator Brubaker's office and talked to Lisa Reisteter of the Senator's staff and complained about the Bureau's inaction. Lisa arranged conference call with her, myself and John Tokarczyk of the Attorney Generals Office. Mr. Tokarczyk spend a lot of time explain why he could not do anything. Mainly the Bureau of Consumer Protection of the Attorney Generals office can only take action if a pattern of abuse, ie a lot of people cheated. Otherwise they serve as mediators, if parties are willing. But Steve Stoltzfus just stonewalled and refused to return their calls.

However, if there are other people out there, who have been cheated by Steve Stoltzfus, perhaps Bureau of Consumer Protection will act. I have listed Agent Gill's number above, as well as case number of my case. If you have been cheated by Steve Stoltzfus please feel free to private message me and we can get together or arrange to discuss over the phone.

Anyhow, to back up a bit. When I filed case with Pa Bureau of Consumer Protection I sent a copy of complaint to Steve Stoltzfus. After a few day I followed up with email and said Steve by now you should have received a copy of complaint I just filed and if you pay me right away I can contact Bureau of Consumer Protection and withdraw complaint before case number assigned.

At this point Steve Stoltzfus returned my email and said he had not forgotten me, but his wife had cancer and he had no money to pay me. Steve Stoltzfus did not say if he knew his wife had cancer when he used my money to go to Camp Perry.

Anyhow, that is the story to this point. I am considering a variety of options. One is to talk to people, as I am now and try to locate others Steve Stoltzfus has cheated and make common cause with them.

I gather ATF, Pa State Police and Lancaster Sheriff all license gun dealers in one way or another. While they don't generally get into consumer complaints, I don't believe they would like their license to be used to steal and cheat people. So I may be contacting them. Again if others have had similar experience with Steve Stoltzfus please private message me so we can make common cause.

Obviously, suit via Judge Duncan, the local magistrate, is another option. But not as good an option as might be suppose as victim (me) has to pay upfront cost of suit and maybe later sheriff's sale cost that are only recovered if first win judgment (pretty sure I could do that, esp given Steve's stonewalling of the the Bureau of Consumer Protection) and second be able to collect judgment. That last part of collecting judgment can be tough. But I have not ruled out this option especially now that I hear about all this nice gun smithing equipment. Yes, I heard on another thread Steve Stoltzfus has quit doing simple transfers as it takes too much of his valuable time and he plans to expand his gun smithing operation.

I have even thought about "8 on your side". This is where channel 8 takes up consumer cases. I always wanted to be on TV and it would be interesting to see reporters with camera crew pay Steve Stoltzfus a surprise visit.

Hope to hear from any of you who have suffered at the hands of Steve Stoltzfus. Will post updates as they occur.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Rip off by Steve Stoltzfus of Bullseye Shooter Source

Wow what an ugly situation. I hope you can get your money out of him. If all posted is true, and it seems to be, then Steve is a real SCUMBAG
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(Dauphin County)

Sounds to me like he may have stolen your gun

(Chester County)

I hope it works out for you. You are due your cash, but I wonder if you could score a deal on something he has in stock just to get your value out of the deal and be done with it. I know I would want the cash, but maybe something out of the case, reloading supplies or something else you want? Just a thought..

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by rockstrongo View Post
    I hope it works out for you. You are due your cash, but I wonder if you could score a deal on something he has in stock just to get your value out of the deal and be done with it. I know I would want the cash, but maybe something out of the case, reloading supplies or something else you want? Just a thought..

Now that is a damn good idea maybe even a extra 10% for all the issues

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the support guys. For a bit I really thought Steve Stoltzfus might have a wife with cancer. But after his stonewalling of the Bureau of Consumer Protection and then this thread link below, that started off about tranfers, I was convinced this guy is bad actor.

http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/2054...ea-page-2.html

I have never met pfactor (see linked thread) or his Dad but his experience, esp the off the wall excuses from Steve Stoltzfus he shared with me in a private message, just fit a pattern.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    Now that is a damn good idea maybe even a extra 10% for all the issues
    Id want double AT LEAST to go away and not tell my story to EVERY person I meet for the rest of Steve's life.

If you haven't looked into it yet I'd call the District Judge's office and ask what the costs are for a suit. I had to do that once when a guy tried to stiff me in a car deal. It wasn't very much cost, and when you win he has to pay that too. Maybe get the paperwork from the DJ and fill it out, then swing by Bullseye in person and show it to Steve and let him know he either pays you right then and there, or gives you something of equal value, right then and there, or you're leaving his store and driving directly to the DJ to file suit. Here's a little pamphlet on bringing suit, just in case. Best of luck and let us know how it goes. I like to know where not to shop.

http://www.pabar.org/clips/bringingsuitBeforeDJ.pdf
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

Based on Pfactor's story that his dad had to refuse to leave the store to get paid for his consignment maybe the in-person route is the way to go. Pick a really busy day with lots of customers. And take the lawsuit papers with you, just in case. If nothing else it'll apply that much more pressure in front of his other customers when you start waving them in the air saying "give me my money or I'm suing you!"
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Allegheny County)

If he's stealing guns, what are the odds he would survive a good thorough audit of his FFL? I'd suggest reporting him to the BATFE for stealing your assault rifle (after all, it has a bayonet lug) and suggesting they take a good look at him.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast