Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default python prices: where to look

Does anyone know where I can get current pricing on these guns? I am looking hard at a 6in SS with rubber grips. No box, no paperwork but pistol is in VGC at least 85 percent. I intend to hunt with it, so this configuration is exactly what I'm after. I have gottten a price from the shop selling it but am not computer savy enough to check it. The latest I can find dates to 2010. I would be looking for retail prices. thanks in advance for sharing any knowledge

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: python prices: where to look

I'd check gunbroker and gunsamerica along with coltforum in their want to sell section.
    I haven't been in the market for colts DA revolvers for a while but when I was they were erratic and generally over priced.
    I remember a quote "you never pay too much, you only pay too soon" colt revolvers will always increase in value.
    Hope this helps.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    I remember a quote "you never pay too much, you only pay too soon"
    Yes, I hear what you're saying. A collector I know once told me " In the collecting world we never say we paid too much, we say we bought too early" almost verbatum. Anyway, GB always had inflated pricing, but the availability is there. I will check out the colt forum and see if I can get any closer to my goal. Actually, trying to verify price for my wife to let her see what pythons are selling for in the real world.

I always keep an eye on python prices because I'd love to get one someday. I've seen prices from 1000 to 3000, and this was before the panic, doesn't seem to have affected prices on high end stuff much. If its nice, seems like 1500 is around the going price.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 87hurricane View Post
    I always keep an eye on python prices because I'd love to get one someday. I've seen prices from 1000 to 3000, and this was before the panic, doesn't seem to have affected prices on high end stuff much. If its nice, seems like 1500 is around the going price.
    It seems like modern sporting rifles and other guns formerly in the $400-$1,000 range are what went through the roof.

If you register on Gunbroker, you can search for completed auctions so you can get an idea of what is being paid. I don't have an email account through my service provider, so they charged me a dollar, which sits on my Gunbroker account to cover any fees I might have. I assume they will put that toward any seller fees if I ever sell anything on there.

A quick look there shows NIB SS models around $2,500. Used seems to be $1,200-$1,500.

There is also a blue book of guns that some gun shops use to price their inventory. You might ask around to see if anyone has a copy.

In the last year I traded my Anaconda to a local gun store for $1500 and the Diamondback for $1050. I am keeping the Python for now but was offered $1800 for it. It is a 6" Stainless with the original pachmayr rubber grips and fancy wood shown in the picture and has all papers and the original box.

(Bucks County)

i've seen python prices all over the place but i don't know what makes one more valuable than the other. about a year ago a shop had a stainless python in about 80% condition for 750, there's a shop called tanners that has two very nice pythons on consignment for 1600 and 3 grand. as others have suggested checkout gunbroker or gunsamerica to see what others are asking. if it were me i wouldn't buy a python to hunt with when a ruger gp100 does the exact same thing for a lot less money. how much money is the shop asking for the python you're interested in buying????

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    how much money is the shop asking for the python you're interested in buying????
    2500.00 and I do have a super redhawk in 44mag that I hunt with, just always was wanted a python. Retail is retail and shops are in business to make money, but some say that the six inch stainless has grown in popularity since the Walking Dead started airing. Apparently a major character carries one, don't know, I've never watched the show. Was expecting around 1500.00 to 2000.00 price point, so just wanted to try and verify the market had gone up. Wife doesn't really want me to spend that much, so I may have to let this one pass and go back to searching. Maybe something will pop up at a show. May head to split rock to see if anything up there catches my eye.

(Schuylkill County)

[QUOTE=vjb.knife;2335397] I am keeping the Python for now but was offered $1800 for it. It is a 6" Stainless with the original pachmayr rubber grips and fancy wood shown in the picture and has all papers and the original box.

The 1800.00 just out of curiosity was that cash or trade? Point being if the shop's willing to spend 18 + overhead + profit = ????

(Allegheny County)

What you do is invent a time machine, go back to 1985 and buy 2 of them for 700$ from a cop in a parking lot in NJ. Wink Wink,,,problem solved.

In honestly yes a Ruger GP100 will do the same thing. Especially after a nice trigger job. Have you checked out the S&W Model 27's or 28's?
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

Cheers
    Careful some of those Zombies could be Americans!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast