Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UZI for 319

(Dauphin County)

Default UZI for 319

So at my LGS tonight and I spied this looks to be in pretty good shape needs a "C" clip for one of the pins at the rear, you can kind of see it in the pic they want 319 plus tax and what nots comes with one stick mag and a hard case.

My question is, is $319.00 to much

uzi.jpg

Default Re: UZI for 319

Not a gun I would want to buy used when there are so many handguns that are not much more than that and much more practical. There are bits on those things that break and are nagging pains in the ass to keep replacing. Also, it's used. A new one isn't much more and you'd have something you know hasn't been bump fired or jacked with internally. If it were my son, I'd tell him 'hell, f...... no, get a new one if you have to have one'. This advice is a freebee...
    Last edited by harold63; March 14th, 2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: added quote marks
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Dauphin County)

Thanks for the freebee i was just thinking that if the gun shop isnt replaceing the missing "C" clip do i really want to buy it and have to fix it right away

(Monroe County)

Not to mention, it isn't even an Uzi or a copy of an Uzi.

AJ

(Bucks County)

that's not a UZI it's either a cobray mac11 or masterpiece arms mac11 clone, both are nice guns and fun to shoot but not good for much other than a range toy. the sites are crappy, trigger pull is gritty and they are not known for their accuracy. with all that said i've owned one since 1998 and always found it a blast to shoot. 319 isn't a bad price but it's not a killer deal either, i would try and see if you can talk them down to 300 or 319 OTD. i believe a NIB masterpiece arms m11 goes for about 350-400. if you want a fun range toy you can blast away with go ahead and buy it i certainly have never regretted buying mine.

It looks like an M-11/9, and if it takes the old Zytel mags, that price is high. If it were converted to take Sten mags, it would be useable, for VERY close quarters fighting.

But it's too big to carry, the Zytel mags swell and become hard to insert and remove, it's hard to make accurate shots because the sights are crude.

ETA: On closer look, the swelling in the grip indicates it IS a Masterpiece Arms MAC clone, and the mags could be Sten mags. So maybe the mags aren't an issue, it's just too big and inaccurate for serious work.
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; March 14th, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Dauphin County)

If the price isnt something special and the mags may be expensive them Im thinking im going to pass. Im really trying to save up for something thats not gun related and will make my life so much better

(Monroe County)

That is not an UZI its a Ingram m10 or M11. Today even a used beat up real UZI is going to run you about a 1000 $ or more.

However a Ingram in good working order is still worth $319, i would buy it , makes for a nice fun filled day at the range and will really really piss off the antis.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    If the price isnt something special and the mags may be expensive them Im thinking im going to pass. Im really trying to save up for something thats not gun related and will make my life so much better
    Wise...This is merely my opinion, but it's a novelty item and it needs to be bought new, not used. You just don't know what headaches will come with it, especially if it is missing a part.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

I own a couple - they are very fun to shoot. That missing clip is fairly common, I've had to buy one for my mac 11. As others have said, it is for fun only, and the price your getting with 1 mag. is a little high for a used one. Pay a few bucks more and get a new one ( if you can find one ) or see if they will go lower. For $250-$275 I'd buy it if it was in great shape less the clip
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast