Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    (Washington County)

Default Re: North Strabane Township Police Oppression

Hope everybody had a great Easter weekend. I see from some of the posts there's still a little sense of humor around. As I said before it's just a discussion forum, what fun would it be if we all agreed on everything? With that said I can assure you I don't double park a Chevy in Aquatec's lot nor can I tell you about bow ties on their dress code, although I think they should be on everyone's. I'm certainly not a cop but I do enjoy the TV show. Maybe it's old age or that I raised son's or my job that is full of questions/answers/more questions/more answers to get to the bottom of an issue that makes me a little skeptical. Mr. Deangelo has graciously filled in some of the blanks & corrected some misinformation on what lead up to this point. However, it's still my opinion we would not be having a police oppression discussion if things would have worked in his favor with one of his business ventures or if he could have sold the property. And without the police oppression discussion we would not be talking about the responsibility or irresponsibility of shooting 20' from occupied buildings.
    As an aside, do any of you remember shooting at the PA Transformer dump, Muse slate dumps or the Cut's in Meadow Lands?

Quote Originally Posted by BowTieGuy View Post
    Hope everybody had a great Easter weekend. I see from some of the posts there's still a little sense of humor around. As I said before it's just a discussion forum, what fun would it be if we all agreed on everything? With that said I can assure you I don't double park a Chevy in Aquatec's lot nor can I tell you about bow ties on their dress code, although I think they should be on everyone's. I'm certainly not a cop but I do enjoy the TV show. Maybe it's old age or that I raised son's or my job that is full of questions/answers/more questions/more answers to get to the bottom of an issue that makes me a little skeptical. Mr. Deangelo has graciously filled in some of the blanks & corrected some misinformation on what lead up to this point. However, it's still my opinion we would not be having a police oppression discussion if things would have worked in his favor with one of his business ventures or if he could have sold the property. And without the police oppression discussion we would not be talking about the responsibility or irresponsibility of shooting 20' from occupied buildings.
    As an aside, do any of you remember shooting at the PA Transformer dump, Muse slate dumps or the Cut's in Meadow Lands?
    i use to live about a mile away from the muse slate dumps

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by BowTieGuy View Post
    If you're not with the PD and you don't work at/for Aquatech, please share how you know such explicit details regarding Mr. Deangelo's range? Thanks in advance
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost27 View Post
    If you're not with the PD and you don't work at/for Aquatech, please share how you know such explicit details regarding Mr. Deangelo's range? Thanks in advance
    Like I said, he/she might be a member of spies are us. :-)

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by deangelo1290@comcast.net View Post
    Like I said, he/she might be a member of spies are us. :-)
    Attmepting to stop Bowtie's derailment question and get back on point.

He is one or the other.

(Washington County)

Attmepting to stop Bowtie's derailment question and get back on point.

He is one or the other.
    Yea, I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out what his/her comments have to do with the subject of the thread.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by deangelo1290@comcast.net View Post
    Yea, I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out what his/her comments have to do with the subject of the thread.
    Espionage......

Maybe I'll come shoot at your range and wear a bowtie?

(Washington County)

Espionage......

Maybe I'll come shoot at your range and wear a bowtie?
    Shoot me a message if you want to stop by.
    For now I shoot pistol only from seven to ten yards.

(Washington County)

I just wanted to chime in here a bit. I recently got to meet Mr. Deangelo and his son and may I say that they could not be more respectful. As far as the comment that it's not morally correct to shoot so close to a dwelling please remember that this is a place of business not some ones "living room". Mr. Deangelo is completely within the bounds of the law and I believe that most gun enthusiasts would use this area to shoot. I simply cannot understand why anyone on a firearms forum would take such an issue with his action. Please try to remember that a right not exercised is a right that's inevitably taken away.

Jimmy

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I just wanted to chime in here a bit. I recently got to meet Mr. Deangelo and his son and may I say that they could not be more respectful. As far as the comment that it's not morally correct to shoot so close to a dwelling please remember that this is a place of business not some ones "living room". Mr. Deangelo is completely within the bounds of the law and I believe that most gun enthusiasts would use this area to shoot. I simply cannot understand why anyone on a firearms forum would take such an issue with his action. Please try to remember that a right not exercised is a right that's inevitably taken away.

Jimmy
    Thanks a lot for putting this into perspective.

There have been some comments from a few on this forum that have jumped to the wrong conclusions. Although I respect their opinion, I have never been an irresponsible person when it comes to firearms or shooting.
    "Jimmy" visited my shooting range a week ago friday. I will let his opinion speak for itself.
    I thought that our experience was not only positive, but enjoyed shooting with him. It was nice to meet someone that shares my love for the shooting sports and interest in safe shooting. He was a gentleman who respects gun safety and enjoys shooting. And quite frankly it beats the hell out of driving to to the back woods of Claysville just to do what we want where some wants us to do it.
    I truly believe that we all need to remember that we are the ones responsible for teaching our sons and daughters about firearms and using them safely.
    Buying someone a firearm and allowing them to shoot without safety instruction, is stupidity.
    My grandfather and father taught me to respect firearms. To always treat them as though they are loaded, to always point firearms in a safe direction, to never put your finger n the trigger until the instant that you are ready to shoot and to never aim at something that you are not prepared to destroy.
    Muzzle disciplin is an acquired skill that takes years of practice to learn effectively. I am proud to say that my son is well on his way to learn these skills in order to be a responsible gun owner at some time in the future.
    So take your son or daughter shooting. You may be surprised to see how much of a bond you will create by taking that first step. In todays world of negative publicity when it come to guns and the youth, we need to have the courage to step forward and teach our youth about firearms and their importance in our society.
    So, if anyone would like to shoot sometime, send me a message and we can put together some details.
    Lunchtimes are ideal for a shoot visit.
    D out.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112