Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Exclamation North Strabane Township Police Oppression

I have decided to edit this post to remove any case information temporarily.
    To all who have expressed interest in this post, don't be alarmed. As my attorney permits, I will update this post as time goes on.
    In the wise words of our PAFOA brother Streaker69 "OK, I get it, don't talk about it."
    Last edited by deangelo1290@comcast.net; March 20th, 2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Mums the word

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: North Strabane Township Police Oppression

Good luck, keep us posted.
    “It's not a gun control problem; it's a cultural control problem.” Bob Barr

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun." Arnold Schwarzenegger

(Washington County)

Cool Re: North Strabane Township Police Oppression

Well said.
    Last edited by deangelo1290@comcast.net; March 20th, 2013 at 09:26 PM.

OP how much land do you have? If you can safely shoot, it sounds like a preeemtion violation as well. So far you have made the best decesion by contacting a Lawyer. keep up the good fight!
    Last edited by Daycrawler; March 14th, 2013 at 06:12 PM.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Washington County)

it is a small property, about 1/3 acre.
    Last edited by deangelo1290@comcast.net; March 20th, 2013 at 09:27 PM.

(Bucks County)

Invite a bunch of friends over to shoot. Do it at various times during the week and weekend. This would establish that you have been using the land for EXACTLY that purpose. Just in case the township tries to pass a "No discharge of firearms ordinance", this will establish your position that their NEW law would have no bearuing due to 'ex post facto' considerations.

An even better idea would be to broach this idea with your attorney. You're paying him, so his advice is probably worth a lot more than mine. Mine is worth every cent you paid for it!

Good luck!!!

As long as you get cleared by an attorney who agrees there would be no case for you breaking the law by shooting there, you definitely should fire the first official salvo. If you instead shoot and let him arrest you and countersue or defend yourself, you are letting them tell you how much you have to pay to continue to obey the law. You are going on the offensive, against what is, at least from your description, oppression against you and your safe responsible exercise of your rights.

Good for you, and I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted, and thank you for fighting the good fight sir.

(IANAL)

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Invite a bunch of friends over to shoot. Do it at various times during the week and weekend. This would establish that you have been using the land for EXACTLY that purpose. Just in case the township tries to pass a "No discharge of firearms ordinance", this will establish your position that their NEW law would have no bearuing due to 'ex post facto' considerations.

An even better idea would be to broach this idea with your attorney. You're paying him, so his advice is probably worth a lot more than mine. Mine is worth every cent you paid for it!

Good luck!!!
    Thanks for the advice!!!
    Last edited by deangelo1290@comcast.net; March 20th, 2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Confidential

(Allegheny County)

Wait. Your OP isn't clear... is this property with a "backstop" YOUR property?

You state that you are a "land owner", discuss the area you intend to shoot at, and then state "it is only a minute from my home and work."

I'm confused. I could see being upset about being threatened with arrest for shooting on your own property, but if it's NOT your property, I'm not sure what to think.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    As long as you get cleared by an attorney who agrees there would be no case for you breaking the law by shooting there, you definitely should fire the first official salvo. If you instead shoot and let him arrest you and countersue or defend yourself, you are letting them tell you how much you have to pay to continue to obey the law. You are going on the offensive, against what is, at least from your description, oppression against you and your safe responsible exercise of your rights.

Good for you, and I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted, and thank you for fighting the good fight sir.

(IANAL)
    My attorney recommends that I wait until the suit is filed. He will then petition for an emergency injunction ordering the Chief, PD and Township not to interfere.
    Last edited by deangelo1290@comcast.net; March 20th, 2013 at 09:30 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast