Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: North Strabane Township Police Oppression

Just wondering if there was any update or if anything ever happened with this?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by turb0buick57 View Post
    Just wondering if there was any update or if anything ever happened with this?
    THE CASE IS PENDING IN US DISTRICT COURT, WESTERN DISTRICT IN PITTSBURGH.
    DEFENDANT HAS FILED A MOTION FOR DISMISSAL THAT HAS BEEN PENDING SINCE JUNE.
    I GUESS THE COURT IS BUSY.
    I WILL UPDATE THE STATUS AS SOON AS THE JUDGE DECIDES ON THE MOTION.
    I HOPE HE WILL HEAR THE CASE.
    FYI THE CHIEF DOESN'T DENY THREATENING ME WITH PROSECUTION.
    THE SUPREME COURT OF THE US STATES (SCOTUS) IN DC V HELLER HELD THAT THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS AN INDIVIDUAL RIGHT UNCONNECTED TO SEVICE IN A MILITIA.
    AND THAT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS AND USE THOSE ARMS FOR TRADITIONALLY LAWFUL PURPOSES.
    FOR ME TARGET SHOOTING ON MY OWN PROPERTY WHERE NOT PROHIBITED IS A TRADITIONALLY LAWFUL PURPOSE.
    Last edited by deangelo1290@comcast.net; October 13th, 2013 at 08:37 PM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by deangelo1290@comcast.net View Post
    THE CASE IS PENDING IN US DISTRICT COURT, WESTERN DISTRICT IN PITTSBURGH.
    DEFENDANT HAS FILED A MOTION FOR DISMISSAL THAT HAS BEEN PENDING SINCE JUNE.
    I GUESS THE COURT IS BUSY.
    I WILL UPDATE THE STATUS AS SOON AS THE JUDGE DECIDES ON THE MOTION.
    I HOPE HE WILL HEAR THE CASE.
    FYI THE CHIEF DOESN'T DENY THREATENING ME WITH PROSECUTION.
    THE SUPREME COURT OF THE US STATES (SCOTUS) IN DC V HELLER HELD THAT THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS AN INDIVIDUAL RIGHT UNCONNECTED TO SEVICE IN A MILITIA.
    AND THAT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS AND USE THOSE ARMS FOR TRADITIONALLY LAWFUL PURPOSES.
    FOR ME TARGET SHOOTING ON MY OWN PROPERTY WHERE NOT PROHIBITED IS A TRADITIONALLY LAWFUL PURPOSE.
    As promised I thought I would keep this post updated.
    There is no progress yet, but I have attached a copy of the complaint for those who wish for an interesting read.
    Last edited by deangelo1290@comcast.net; July 22nd, 2014 at 10:02 PM.

(Washington County)

Exclamation Re: North Strabane Township Police Oppression

Update:
    Good news.
    The US District Judge handling the case granted only a partial dismissal of our case yesterday.
    I understand that part of my claim was dismissed because I was not actually arrested thereby nullifying the fourth amendment violation. Just threatened.
    HOWEVER, the case survives based on my claim of infringement of my second amendment rights. The court called the claim "Novel" (New) in that a case specifically like this hasn't been filed. I was happy to see that my "individual right" to use my firearms for "Traditionally lawful purposes" are at least being recognized to the extent that the case survives complete dismissal.
    I will continue to keep this site up to date.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by deangelo1290@comcast.net View Post
    Update:
    Good news.
    The US District Judge handling the case granted only a partial dismissal of our case yesterday.
    I understand that part of my claim was dismissed because I was not actually arrested thereby nullifying the fourth amendment violation. Just threatened.
    HOWEVER, the case survives based on my claim of infringement of my second amendment rights. The court called the claim "Novel" (New) in that a case specifically like this hasn't been filed. I was happy to see that my "individual right" to use my firearms for "Traditionally lawful purposes" are at least being recognized to the extent that the case survives complete dismissal.
    I will continue to keep this site up to date.
    I hope it all works out for you, and the North Strabane PD and chief get a reality check!
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost27 View Post
    I hope it all works out for you, and the North Strabane PD and chief get a reality check!
    Thanks a lot.
    I'll update the post as this develops.
    My lawyer thinks that the township may now have some implied liability because this is a civil rights case.
    If they had any sense they would want to put this behind them....very, very quickly.
    Just consider for a moment.
    If I decided to go down there tomorrow and shoot targets, and the chief arrests me... with the search, confiscation of firearms, loss of liberty etc., that would be a whole different story.
    Not only that, but nobody likes bullies...

(Warren County)

I am late to the party, but building a bullet trap that retains the projectiles makes you appear to be a very socially responsible citizen that does not "pollute" the environment (rolleyes).

I built a big ole wooden box and filled it with wood chips and scraps boards. Top is left open, but I put a tin roof over it to keep it semi-dry.

It's 24" deep and nothing has penetrated the back yet ( including hot .308 and 7.62 x 54 Russian). As the hits in the center turn the wood to dust, it sinks down and I add more on top and screw another piece of plywood over the front.

I am not worried about the lead and copper "polluting" by returning to the earth from whence it came, but I do mine the box every couple of years and melt down the lead to cast more bullets.

I harvested 75 lbs last year!

And I looked good doing it, because I was "Green" and "doing it for the children"!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    I am late to the party, but building a bullet trap that retains the projectiles makes you appear to be a very socially responsible citizen that does not "pollute" the environment (rolleyes).

I built a big ole wooden box and filled it with wood chips and scraps boards. Top is left open, but I put a tin roof over it to keep it semi-dry.

It's 24" deep and nothing has penetrated the back yet ( including hot .308 and 7.62 x 54 Russian). As the hits in the center turn the wood to dust, it sinks down and I add more on top and screw another piece of plywood over the front.

I am not worried about the lead and copper "polluting" by returning to the earth from whence it came, but I do mine the box every couple of years and melt down the lead to cast more bullets

I harvested 75 lbs last year!

And I looked good doing it, because I was "Green" and "doing it for the children"!
    That might not be such a bad idea.
    A bullet trap is probably not necessary since I have a natural steep hillside of dirt to shoot into that is about eighty feet high.

I will also be shooting frangible ammo exclusively for my own protection from ricocheting fragments.
    I already purchase 1000 rounds of .40 S&W and 1000 rounds of .223 both frangible.
    Funny thing is that I am sitting on all this ammo and can't shoot. Can you appreciate the irony?

(Washington County)

Thumbs up Re: North Strabane Township Police Oppression

UPDATE ON MY SECOND AMENDMENT CIVIL RIGHTS LAWSUIT.

I know it has been a while, but as it stands now, my amended complaint was challenged by defendant with a motion to dismiss. The court denied the motion today and so the case proceeds.
    Additionally, I began target shooting on my property just yesterday. The police were called as expected and responded, with guns drawn but pointed at the ground. After determining that I was target shooting, North Strabane Township officer Wagstaff looked over the area and completed his investigation in a very professional manner. No citations were issued and no arrests were made.The other officer who disarmed me (involuntarily but with cooperation) returned my handgun and after a few minutes of discussion left. The last thing I told the officers was that I would respectfully wait for them to leave before I reloaded and resumed shooting. I continued shooting for a couple more hours with no further interference or contact from police.
    Officer Wagstaff even commented that "we support your second amendment rights.
    So anyway, if anyone wants to get together to shoot on my property send me an email. I can give you the details. My property is in North Strabane Township bordering Canonsburg.
    I just loaded up six thirty round magazines for my AR15. Time to get my gun off.
    In the mean time, Good luck and happy shooting.

(Washington County)

Glad to hear you finally got to shoot and the check went smoothly!!!

-Rick
    (over the hill from you off of McDowell)

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast