Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: York/Lancaster/Harrisburg area - Where to find 22LR and 9mm ammo?

I figured I'd post a quick update to this thread. I've been checking the wal-fart in W. York frequently and the ammo shelf there continues to be as barren as the moajave desert! Only think they have is shotgun shells, and some rifle ammo, but just the un-common stuff.

I also called a few local stores and one told me "Yeah, we got some 22lr in today, but it was gone in 10 minutes."

This is totally redicolous! I have to think something else is going on now, that we are nearly 4+ months since the Sandy Hook shooting when the bulk of all this madness started.

Maybe it really will be a full year until this stuff calms down and returns to normal, if it ever will!?

(Lancaster County)

Trop seems to be your best bet at this point. Was just there yesterday and they had American eagle 50rd target box for 14.99 and blazer 22lr 50rd boxes for 2.99$.

(Berks County)

Luck you, was there Friday and they had squat by noon!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Thanks for the update on Trop, man that's crazy they had nothing by noon!

Does Trop have any American Eagle 22lr? Or just the CCI? THe CCI is good stuff, I like the American Eagle (federal) for plinking. I ran some (what i think is Remington) Thunderbolt 22 through my 10/22 on Saturday, it ran just fine, but MAN did it dirty up my gun!

That stuff is really dirty ammo.....It literally took me about 10 passes with patch cloth through the barrell to get (MOST) of the dirt out of it. With the jacketed American Eagle, it cleans up real good in about half of that.

Is the stuff Trop is selling decent or is it dirty as wel? I also picked up a white box of Winchester Wildcat the other week, a brick of 500. Any feedback on that stuff in terms of dirt/fouling?

If Trop has American Eagle 115G FMJ that's what I'm looking for in a 9mm round so I may have to hit it on Saturday morning, I think I remeber someone stating they have a 2 box limit, correct?

Thanks,
    Greg

(Lancaster County)

Yes two box limit

Quote Originally Posted by GsTaurus View Post
    Thanks for the update on Trop, man that's crazy they had nothing by noon!

Does Trop have any American Eagle 22lr? Or just the CCI? THe CCI is good stuff, I like the American Eagle (federal) for plinking. I ran some (what i think is Remington) Thunderbolt 22 through my 10/22 on Saturday, it ran just fine, but MAN did it dirty up my gun!

That stuff is really dirty ammo.....It literally took me about 10 passes with patch cloth through the barrell to get (MOST) of the dirt out of it. With the jacketed American Eagle, it cleans up real good in about half of that.

Is the stuff Trop is selling decent or is it dirty as wel? I also picked up a white box of Winchester Wildcat the other week, a brick of 500. Any feedback on that stuff in terms of dirt/fouling?

If Trop has American Eagle 115G FMJ that's what I'm looking for in a 9mm round so I may have to hit it on Saturday morning, I think I remeber someone stating they have a 2 box limit, correct?

Thanks,
    Greg

(Berks County)

If you get there quick enough!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(York County)

Trop has just increased their limit to 3 boxes per caliber.

Excellent, that's good news! I wonder if that's a sign that these ammo shortages are going to start lessening?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12