Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Reducing Gun Violence Isn’t About Gun Control – It’s About the Drug War

Reducing Gun Violence Isn’t About Gun Control – It’s About the Drug War

So much has been said in recent months on the subject of gun violence, but in the midst of this heated debate, one obvious solution to rampant gun violence has often been downplayed or overlooked: ending drug prohibition.

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/...tion_KEY=13174

(Chester County)

Default Re: Reducing Gun Violence Isn’t About Gun Control – It’s About the Drug War

Banning has never worked from prohibition, prostitution and drugs & pot.
    As long as there's a demand there will be a supply, above board or black market.

I can imagine the auto accidents that's going to be caused by delayed reaction and poor neuro-muscualr coordiation.

Default Re: Reducing Gun Violence Isn’t About Gun Control – It’s About the Drug War

You ever meet someone who just shot up heroin? You want him on the road with you while you drive your kids to school? There is already enough evidence that people can't control themselves with alcohol, now you want to add heroin to the mix? You ever see someone on PCP (not the ridiculous BS they claim on the TV, but a real person on real PCP)? I would never want them behind the wheel of any vehicle. I want the penalty for that to be hanging, on the spot. Give me max penalties with no appeal and no plea bargain for any offense where one is on drugs and driving, or at work and on drugs, and I might consider legalizing.

If the gun grabbers wanted to stop drug dealing and the violence related to it, they'd hang the next person who used a gun or carried a gun in commission of any violent crime or any drug offense. But guess what? The gun charge gets plead, the violent crime charge gets plead, the drug offense gets plead, house arrest, have a nice day. Hang the next F'er that gets caught, on national TV, and I can bet you it won't be long until it stops. Anyone not for this is also for the violence, and a gun-grabber just to be a gun-grabber. Just like the shitheads that claim they are for the kids when calling for a 10 round mag limit, like shooting 10 kids is ok, but oh lawdy lawdy if you shoot 20 or 30, then we're concerned. F them, their motives are so transparent.

No relatively sane, emotionally ok person is going to look at themselves in the mirror the day after heroin is legalized and say " Now that heroin is legal, I think i'll check it out."

I think the people who would do heroin, pcp, whatever, are the same ones who are using them now. Same as people didn't stop drinking during prohibition.

The .gov has just had more time to demonize other, not so easily taxed and regulated drugs, to make the carnage more palatable to the people.

We are supposed to be free, free to soar or free to crash.

At the very least, it should be a states right. imo
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

^^ truth here. Its already illegal to do drugs. Its not stopping anyone from doing it. In fact I bet there is a lot of addicts who want to get off of drugs but the stigma of illegality is a prohibiting factor. Is heroin rampant in the Netherlands? Spain legalized heroin so they could treat the addicts, and its working. Our prisons are over flowing with drug users, I would rather have violent criminals in their bunks. Prohibition was a failure, and as is thw war on drugs, you cannot legislate morality successfully. Regulate it, tax it and treat it humanely and the associated blights on our society will fade away.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post

Dead on.

Removing the freedom to fail - also inhibits the freedom to succeed. Anti-this or Anti-that's never quite seem to grasp that point.

(Philadelphia County)

No relatively sane, emotionally ok person is going to look at themselves in the mirror the day after heroin is legalized and say " Now that heroin is legal, I think i'll check it out."

I think the people who would do heroin, pcp, whatever, are the same ones who are using them now. Same as people didn't stop drinking during prohibition.

The .gov has just had more time to demonize other, not so easily taxed and regulated drugs, to make the carnage more palatable to the people.

At the very least, it should be a states right. imo
    Yeah, I can imagine somebody who never previously did drugs upon legalization suddenly walking to the Rite Aid or CVS and saying, "I'd like a pack of marijuana cigarettes, a couple of vials, of crack, and...oo.. some of that new heroin you have on sale! I've got a coupon for 10% off!"

To be the counter argument to this, I may or may not know what it's like to take LSD, and I may or may not have already decided that when I retire and/or when *drugs* become legal, I will take up LSD. Now, I'm a rational person and would know better than to drive or go to work, but not everyone is sane or rational nor knows better, just as mentioned people who try to make it home after 80 beers and end up wrapped around a phone pole.

So, not everyone who would partake when drugs are legalized are the same who already take them. I'm one of them who do not and will not, but if legalized, I may give it a shot. But under controlled conditions that don't involve getting anyone else involved. Because I'm not irresponsible and stupid. I wouldn't venture to say that legalizing drugs would make a billion new users, but I would say that just as alcohol is accepted and a socially required thing at some events (I've never had a drop of alcohol, but the peer pressure at work functions is immense!), I think drugs would become that way. And as I mentioned, people are already incredibly irresponsible with where and when and how much alcohol they consume, and that would directly translate to any drugs they'd take as well. I'm set on the number of people who could potentially kill me, I don't need any more, thanks.

(Philadelphia County)

"In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Montgomery County)

Interestingly, when I posted this at Calguns most of them argued against legalization. Go figure. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=723720

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast