Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default TIME: How Gun Control Ends: Not With A Bang, But A Whimper

Looks like we're winning at the Federal level. State level is another story. CO is about to get hammered and MD, NJ and NY already passed some crazy bills.

See article:

http://swampland.time.com/2013/03/11...-main-mostpop2
    Last edited by one_Self; March 11th, 2013 at 03:21 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: TIME: How Gun Control Ends: Not With A Bang, But A Whimper

Only 12 months until firearm prices stabilize. I hope...

I'm not holding my breath.

(Northampton County)

Time sounds so disappointed. Let's make sure they lose on background checks for private sales as well. And then, let's start getting rid of some of these oppressive gun laws.

(Westmoreland County)

"After 10,000 victories, tighten your helmet chords" - Japanese proverb.

aka "The price of Freedom is eternal vigilance".

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Time sounds so disappointed. Let's make sure they lose on background checks for private sales as well. And then, let's start getting rid of some of these oppressive gun laws.
    ^^^ This.

More pro-gun bills are being introduced and passed on the state level than anti-gun bills overall. Most bills are not even passed in Colorado yet (only one, fees for background checks, the rest are still being amended though they might still pass.)

The federal bills are dying out.

But its not time to lose momentum, we need to keep fighting until we're so far in the right direction that we can stop and finally take a deep breath. Then its time to fight some more to ensure those re-won rigths and freedoms cannot be taken away from us again.

(Delaware County)

It ain't over till it's over. Even then, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. We could be one more Sandy Hook away from real 2A infringement. Worse, if the dems somehow wrestle the House in 2014, some truly scary shit could yet come to fruition, and it won't be limited to 2A.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Worse, if the dems somehow wrestle the House in 2014, some truly scary shit could yet come to fruition, and it won't be limited to 2A.
    Next to gun control is they want your retirement accounts. There is $19.4 Trillion in 401K's, IRA's and corporate as well as union pension plans and the democrats want it to spend as they wish. BTW they plan on giving you a return of 3% on your money. Plus if you have a 401K or IRA set up you will be required to continue putting 5% into it each and every paycheck until you retire.

It you have $500K in your 401K you'll get a monthly check for $1250. And when you die all that money you saved up over the last 40 years goes to the U.S. Treasury not your family. 100% death tax on your retirement account.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    It ain't over till it's over. Even then, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. We could be one more Sandy Hook away from real 2A infringement. Worse, if the dems somehow wrestle the House in 2014, some truly scary shit could yet come to fruition, and it won't be limited to 2A.
    Quoted for truth. This post says it all.

(Schuylkill County)

Back when the 94 ban was voted in I watched very carefully how it happened and I think the same strategy will be used. Weeks before the vote Republicans were saying no way will it get passed they don't have enough votes. A few days before the vote even the Democrats agreed that they didn't have enough votes. Well guess what? Somehow they magically had enough votes when it actually came time. Of course main stream media didn't really cover it. It almost seemed like a media blackout on gun control in the days before the vote. Lisa Ling did however do an excellent job covering as a school news reporter and to be honest it seemed like the only source not blacked out. Now is not the time to get comfortable because in 94 the last news on MSM was that it wouldn't pass. Both sides made everyone real comfortable before they broke the news that it was passed.

Just stopping gun control isn't good enough for me anymore. Thinking about my kids has really encouraged me to push on until we get much more fixed. Its killing me to think how much my kids are going to have to pay in taxes to try and pay off other peoples debts. I don't want my kids supporting other peoples kids and I'm not talking about welfare or public programs I'm talking corruption. Corruption is where all the real money goes. Welfare is like a drop in a 5 gallon bucket hardly anything in comparison.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast