Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Question ? about new Beretta Nano

Brasshole's wife here...I just got my first handgun... Beretta 9mm Nano...at the oaks gun show today. Want to take it to the range tomorrow do I need to strip and clean it first?? Heck of a deal...had to weed through a bunch of hot garbage to find it thought LOL

(Monroe County)

Default Re: ? about new Beretta Nano

Quote Originally Posted by Brasshole View Post
    Brasshole's wife here...I just got my first handgun... Beretta 9mm Nano...at the oaks gun show today. Want to take it to the range tomorrow do I need to strip and clean it first?? Heck of a deal...had to weed through a bunch of hot garbage to find it thought LOL
    I would but then again I always do with every gun I buy whether I need to or not. It's just sort of a ritual of mine and helps you become familiar with the gun.

(Monroe County)

Congrats on the new purchase. I would break it down and oil it., but like chemical It's almost a ritual fo me. Getting to know the gun.

Also some guns come in a lot of packing grease, and it helps to clean em out a little.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Lehigh County)

Smile Re: ? about new Beretta Nano

I was worried about taking it apart this gun seamed a little tricky to strip (found a video on youtube) its already to go for tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement. I think I'm really going to like this gun!!

(Northampton County)

Take the time to read the Nano posts on the Beretta Forum.
    As with any NEW gun there are usually problems with the early production.
    The NANO is NO different. Hopefully yours is a later model.
    The Beretta Forum members recommend using P+ ammo to make sure you don't get FTF + FTE problems. One of my dislikes is that you can't lock back the slide.
    Enjoy your NEW weapon. Good shooting!

(Monroe County)

Other then Russian Rifles that are soaked in cosmoline.... I have never cleaned a new gun before shooting it. I have bought many new guns and have never had a problem.

Nothing is wrong with cleaning a new gun... I am just saying I have never had any problems with just loading then and shooting them right out of the box. New guns are generally "clean".

You are more likely to experience a stiff spring on a new gun, that requires some breaking in with more potent ammo. Winchester (white box) is good. Spraying some gun oil into the moving parts is also good, if you experience jams.

If you have a .22 semi-auto, give if a spray of gun oil. .22's are more prone to jamming if not oiled.

Funny story about my Beretta 92. I mostly shoot cheap Russian 9mm. Very dirty. After a year of shooting it on and off, I realized while racking the slide that the slide had a lot of resistance due to ammo fouling. The gun still was still shooting fine regardless.... Of course I quickly cleaned it once I realized that that the slide was not as smooth as it should be.

I don't think you will have any problem shooting your Nano straight out of the box.
    Last edited by tsafa; March 12th, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Hokkmike Guest

Breaking down semis and putting them back together is part of the joy of ownership - seriously.....