Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cambria County)

Default What the Heck is wrong with this Forum!?!?!?

http://forum.pafoa.org/accessories-a...ml#post2322772

I listed some ammo in the classified, and I replied to my post 2 days later just saying that it was sold locally, hence its no longer for sale. Most forums have a tool to lock the thread but I couldn't find that here. So a hour later I get a email stating the I have been warned for bumping my add and if it happens again I will be suspended.. HAAAA
    eewwww weeee, big deal!!!

I kindly replied to a administrator and got no response, I only got 2 other PM's from other forum members notifying of the warning and saying how they thought it was B.S. as well..

Someone enlighten me and shed some light on this situation.

thanks

(Philadelphia County)

the stickies have instructions to change the prefix of your thread to closed. you need to advanced edit. bumping prematurely to let us know it sold pushes down other people's ads, and your now front page ad isn't even for an available item.

it only seems ridiculous now that it's not a problem since most people follow the rules. take the rule away and the marketplace would be a shit mess, it happens on other forums.

perhaps you should read the rules before you post ads, and avoid complaining about getting a warning for a rule you didn't bother to read. warnings won't kill you and a 24 hr suspension wouldn't either, but it's enough to keep the marketplace a useful tool instead of a cluster f**k

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: What the Heck is wrong with this Forum!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHfire View Post
    http://forum.pafoa.org/accessories-a...ml#post2322772

I listed some ammo in the classified, and I replied to my post 2 days later just saying that it was sold locally, hence its no longer for sale. Most forums have a tool to lock the thread but I couldn't find that here. So a hour later I get a email stating the I have been warned for bumping my add and if it happens again I will be suspended.. HAAAA
    eewwww weeee, big deal!!!

I kindly replied to a administrator and got no response, I only got 2 other PM's from other forum members notifying of the warning and saying how they thought it was B.S. as well..

Someone enlighten me and shed some light on this situation.

thanks
    When you make a post in the classified section, you're presented with this. Sorry formatting didn't copy/paste.

Classifieds Rules

Put your ads in the right place
    This is not eBay, include a price or a trade
    Do not reply to/bump your ads more than once every 72 hours (3 days)
    Do not reply to/bump your posts to mark the item as sold.
    Do not break the law or offer to break the law

Read the full rules here, failing to follow them may result in your removal from the classifieds or the forum entirely.

(full rules here, link didn't copy/paste from above sentence: http://forum.pafoa.org/classifieds-5...ggestions.html )

(Allegheny County)

What you were supposed to do was hit the "EDIT" button on the original post (since it hadn't been 3 days since the original post was made) and make the announcement THERE that it was sold, and not make another post , bumping your thread, and violating the rules.

You really shouldn't get so worked up about it. It was a warning, right? Relax. Some people take that stuff so personally.

One could just as easily ask "What the heck is wrong with these members who don't follow the plainly posted rules/instructions?"

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by jpkotor View Post
    the stickies have instructions to change the prefix of your thread to closed. you need to advanced edit. bumping prematurely to let us know it sold pushes down other people's ads, and your now front page ad isn't even for an available item.

it only seems ridiculous now that it's not a problem since most people follow the rules. take the rule away and the marketplace would be a shit mess, it happens on other forums.

perhaps you should read the rules before you post ads, and avoid complaining about getting a warning for a rule you didn't bother to read. warnings won't kill you and a 24 hr suspension wouldn't either, but it's enough to keep the marketplace a useful tool instead of a cluster f**k

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    Perhaps I am a active member of at least 10 different forums, and this one is totally out-dated and has a poor overall layout...

Avoid complaining? Heck if that were the case then you would have to delete about 98% of all post on all forums. Heck you would have to just about eliminate the entire internet due to all the bitching in today's world.

All I'm saying is I made a simple post letting people know it was sold and THANKS. Yeah I broke a rule and cluttered you thread space SORRRRRYYYY!, but I will still defend myself in stating that it shouldn't be so damn hard to close a thread. Every other forum I am on has a neat little box that you click on and bam! its closed easy as 1.2.3...

(Allegheny County)

Try decaf.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

congrats on the sale but rules are rules. i have been guilty in the past as well but agree with the guidelines in place for reasons mentioned 2 posts above.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Delaware County)

Perhaps I am a active member of at least 10 different forums, and this one is totally out-dated and has a poor overall layout...

Avoid complaining? Heck if that were the case then you would have to delete about 98% of all post on all forums. Heck you would have to just about eliminate the entire internet due to all the bitching in today's world.

All I'm saying is I made a simple post letting people know it was sold and THANKS. Yeah I broke a rule and cluttered you thread space SORRRRRYYYY!, but I will still defend myself in stating that it shouldn't be so damn hard to close a thread. Every other forum I am on has a neat little box that you click on and bam! its closed easy as 1.2.3...
    What's wrong with this forum are users that are too lazy to read the rules, then further clog it up with crying in creating new threads about crying.

http://forum.pafoa.org/classifieds-5...ggestions.html

Do not reply to/bump your posts to mark the item as sold: Doing this simply pushes your (now defunct) ad back to the top of the list, thus frustrating potential buyers. Simply edit your original post and let your add fall into the archives.

(Delaware County)

So what do you take, lisinapril or hctz?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    What's wrong with this forum are users that are too lazy to read the rules, then further clog it up with crying in creating new threads about crying.

http://forum.pafoa.org/classifieds-5...ggestions.html
    Don't forget further clutter from users teasing about people whinning.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast