Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Montco ltcf

(Montgomery County)

Unhappy Montco ltcf

So, I went in the other day to get pa ltcf, had the app all type out nice and neat, and I was pleasant even though the officer was not.he took app and photocopied my dl. Then he asked, police check card, I need your police check card. I told him politely that it was not needed, and that according to the pa state police( I did call them) that the form was not part of the permit, and also that Pottstown charges 20.00 for the police card, so Pottstown is actually violating the law possibly and that I didn't think it was fair for me to pay double that of most other pa residents when the law says the permit cost 20.00. He finally said, ok but it's going to take 45 days. At the same time I was there, he did issue one in about 10 minutes to someone else. I did notice that he wrote in big letters on the top of my form 45 DAYS, and filled it away. I know they have the right to take 45 days, but I really think this is somewhat discrimination. I will state again I kept a calm, non Condesendind attitude, and always treated him with respect, as I am a veteran, with family members that are Leo in other states. Does anyone think I should email the sheriff about this? I did observe from around the corner for ten minutes after he filled my form, and didn't seem to busy processing apps(I think he was texting possibly)

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Montco ltcf

wow! they took it? man you should have got it on video or something.

i thought they just told everybody to F off and get the damn check card. At least that's what they told me over the phone years ago.

(Montgomery County)

I was calm but firm in what I knew was the law. They however wouldn't take my check until I was called to pick it up

(Delaware County)

Law states 45 days.....but we ALL KNOW its official oppression though....

Is that 45days then the time to go to Montco Sheriff at Courthouse in Norristown? I did mine like two years ago and it was a huge PITA to get it in Montco. I've had my LTCF in four counties in PA and Monto has been horrible. This county sucks.

(Montgomery County)

I'm guessing they will call me on the 45th day, or deny me because my licence has a different address and after I didn't have the police check card the guy did not want to talk really, even after I told him, I have a change of address card, would you like to make a copy of it"? He just said, see you in 45 days.

(Philadelphia County)

Good for you. You didn't want to play their game so you only have to wait out the 45 days. The 20 minute wait with the $20 check card is not really worth it.