Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Researchers report sharp rise in 'patriot' groups

http://news.msn.com/us/researchers-r...patriot-groups

In a letter Tuesday to Attorney General Eric Holder and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, the SPLC warned of the potential for domestic terrorism and urged the creation of a task force to assess whether there are enough federal resources devoted to the threat.

"As in the period before the Oklahoma City bombing, we now are seeing ominous threats from those who believe that the government is poised to take their guns," wrote SPLC President Richard Cohen, a member of the Department of Homeland Security's Countering Violent Extremism Working Group.

The SPLC found there were 1,360 Patriot groups in 2012 – an 813 percent rise since 2008, the year before Obama took office. The groups include 321 militias. These numbers far exceed the movement's peak in the 1990s, when militias were inflamed by the 1993 Brady Bill and the 1994 assault rifle ban.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Researchers report sharp rise in 'patriot' groups

and being a member here almost assuredly gets your name put on taht list.

the ar15.com army must be enormous.

(Bucks County)

King George called his opposition terrorists also.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Wayne County)

Well there you go, I bet nobody here expected that they would begin the assimilation of patriots and terrorists as well as suggest, no urge for the creation of a task force.
    Just going to drop this here

Here come those MRAPs...
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

My new avatar...Domestic terrorist.. Sounds good to me.

(Lackawanna County)

It was just a matter of time for this, now watch how the MSM will start to ratchet up the booga booga, a few special reports by hit piece reporters, broadcast on prime time news, and soon we will all be despised by Mr. & Mrs. America.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    It was just a matter of time for this, now watch how the MSM will start to ratchet up the booga booga, a few special reports by hit piece reporters, broadcast on prime time news, and soon we will all be despised by Mr. & Mrs. America.
    A local ABC affiliated radio station is reporting anti. gov./possible home grown terroists groups on the rise. Here we go again, hope that I am not Randy Weaver this time around.
    For those not around the last time these same bastards started this do a little reading. There is no limit to how low they will stoop.

OK just assured myself a spot on the list. Too whom it may consern just give me a call and I will give you my registration number from 1992.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

In a letter Tuesday to Attorney General Eric Holder and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, the SPLC warned of the potential for domestic terrorism and urged the creation of a task force to assess whether there are enough federal resources devoted to the threat.

"As in the period before the Oklahoma City bombing, we now are seeing ominous threats from those who believe that the government is poised to take their guns," wrote SPLC President Richard Cohen, a member of the Department of Homeland Security's Countering Violent Extremism Working Group.

The SPLC found there were 1,360 Patriot groups in 2012 – an 813 percent rise since 2008, the year before Obama took office. The groups include 321 militias. These numbers far exceed the movement's peak in the 1990s, when militias were inflamed by the 1993 Brady Bill and the 1994 assault rifle ban.
    [EMPHASIS MINE]

Like the politicians in California pondering whether or not to seize all 166,000 registered semiautomatic "assault weapons" in the state?

Like the politicians in Missouri who are debating a bill that would require anyone who owns a semiautomatic "assault weapon" to turn them in to the police within 90 days or face charges?

Like the politicians in Pennsylvania who are proposing legislation that bans possession of semiautomatic "assault weapons" and does not exempt the ones currently owned and legally purchased by law-abiding citizens?

Yeah...we have absolutely nothing to fear about the government coming to take our guns. At least, not the Federal government (yet). State governments however...

(Cambria County)

The SPLC is an Extremist Group....
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before you are backed into a corner...

In other news, bear shits in woods..

Anyway, SPLC is a terrorist group and is made up of non-patriots, just like the ACLU. All they want is to file lawsuits and cash checks. They pretend to care about freedom and liberty and their clients, but they just like to cash checks. I sent a letter to the ACLU requesting assistance in my defense of my civil liberties, in the context of my right to keep and bear arms, and have yet to hear a reply, since the middle of January. I can guarantee you that if I wanted a wheelchair ramp built I'd have been sent a platoon of lawyers, and if I were the right color I could have had it done already, and maybe a couple million in my pocket for *the trouble*.

SPLC is a criminal terrorist organization and does not stand for anything that I stand for.

I can't imagine anyone is surprised that *patriot* groups are on the rise. When the government flexes its muscles, we flex back. That's the way the United States was designed, anything else is cowardice. The people that support, stand behind, defend, protect, or otherwise assist the people who are standing against us patriots are the cowards, those who would side with the team in power, rather than side with the side of right. Those who won't protect rights and liberties they don't use or care about, those are the enemy.

As others mentioned, I just hope I'm not Randy Weaver or David Koresh this time around. If they already think we are all school shooters in waiting, the next logical step is to brand us all Tim McVeigh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast