Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Obtain a carry permit for 28 STATES

I haven't called to see what the particulars are but a 3 hour course will be offered to allow you to carry in 28 states. Thought it may be useful to some.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Obtain a carry permit for 28 STATES

I think the website is intentionally misleading and vague. A PA LTCF will allow you to carry in 24 states via reciprocity, statutory recognition and/or no license needed, and there is no training requirement to obtain one.

It sure seems like these folks are trying to trick people into thinking they need to take this course. With the fingerprints and photos, etc. provided it sounds like it could be a UT class, but by my count, that would give you 32 states, not 24.

There's no way I'd sign up for this class without much more clear info being provided.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

They probably mean 28 states if you dont already have a PA LTCF. It is pretty vague though, but could just be a lack of info between them and whoever does their website or something like that. Very odd they don't mention what state it is.

(Wayne County)

I believe the class is for a florida cwp. Which combined with the pa gives you 28 states. I think I saw this class offered at ready aim fire.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC View Post
    I believe the class is for a florida cwp. Which combined with the pa gives you 28 states. I think I saw this class offered at ready aim fire.
    I think you get 32 states with FL and PA.

(Wayne County)

Then I am wrong. I just remember ready aim fire offering a florida non resident permit for 28 states maybe some have been added since then.

(Delaware County)

Our PA LTCF gives us 26 other states, closest being West Virginia.

Add the Utah CWP and you get 8 more, closest being Ohio & Delaware, for a total of 34.

Florida would add 6 other states, (that Utah adds & gives you 2 more), for a total of 32.

Bill

(maps current as of 4-7-08)

(Delaware County)

Classic Pistol will be offering a class that will allow you to obtain a carry permit for 28 STATES!!! This class will be 3 hours in length and instructed by a NRA Certified Firearms Instructor. Active duty & retired military and those with previous firearms training (e.g., NRA, HUNTERS SAFETY) need just do the paperwork.
    Based on the statement above from the course web site, I would say it's a Florida non-res permit since Florida does accept those items as training and Utah does not, and not counting the "resident permit only" states Florida gives you 28 by itself.

(Bucks County)

florida is cheaper easier and gives you delaware and ohio, that is why it is more popular for people that travel to these states to get. utah is more expensive, but it gives you washington state in addition to every florida ok state. I heard utah training is long and is up there with getting a drivers liscence with a written and practical test. that is why utah has the most reciprocories, because it is a very training intensive shal issue. I looked into other shal issue states, and sc does not honor any ones except north and south carolina, but concealed and loaded in a glovebox is legal for everyone. also oregon issues out of states only in person to some oregon government building.
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    florida is cheaper easier and gives you delaware and ohio, that is why it is more popular for people that travel to these states to get. utah is more expensive, but it gives you washington state in addition to every florida ok state. I heard utah training is long and is up there with getting a drivers liscence with a written and practical test. that is why utah has the most reciprocories, because it is a very training intensive shal issue. I looked into other shal issue states, and sc does not honor any ones except north and south carolina, but concealed and loaded in a glovebox is legal for everyone. also oregon issues out of states only in person to some oregon government building.
    Maybe you didn't see the post two before yours but Utah gives you more states, combined with the PA LTCF you get 34 where Florida combined with the PA gives you 32, they both give you DE & OH.

You're correct in Florida is easier, if you already have some kind of training, like the PA Hunter Trapper safety course. HOWEVER in the long run Florida is more expensive.

Utah new permit $65
    Utah renewal $10

Florida new permit $110
    Florida renewal $100

Both are good for five years.

I took the Utah class, mostly common sense type stuff, not very hard at all. After you shoot a few rounds to show you can hit the paper. The class I took was $50, fingerprints and photo another $20., include the Utah fee for a total of $135. In 5 years it renews at ten dollars.

Don't forget, if you don't already have one of the approved types of training for the Florida permit you then add the class and other fees to the total making Utah a much better choice all around.

By the way, Utah gives you the same states Florida gives you, plus two.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast