Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default suppressor questions

i have decided to start researching suppressors as my next purchase. i've read most of jaybell's sticky (thanks btw) and i just have a few questions. i live in philadelphia, does anyone know if the cleo will sign the documents needed? i will most likely purchase an ar15 suppressor for my first, is it ok to run a .22 conversion kit through it as well? and after a little research i've found the yankee hill phantom stainless in my price range, does anyone have thoughts on this particular model or know of a better one? and last, does anyone know a good class 3 dealer in my area? i belong to SPAG and will ask next time i'm in if they are. thanks everyone in advance.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Erie County)

Default Re: suppressor questions

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    i have decided to start researching suppressors as my next purchase. i've read most of jaybell's sticky (thanks btw) and i just have a few questions. i live in philadelphia, does anyone know if the cleo will sign the documents needed? No

i will most likely purchase an ar15 suppressor for my first, is it ok to run a .22 conversion kit through it as well? .22 through a .223 suppressor, Yes. .223 through a .22 can, No

and after a little research i've found the yankee hill phantom stainless in my price range, does anyone have thoughts on this particular model or know of a better one? Didn't know YHM made cans, a TAC should be in your price range too. I have one of their .22 cans and they are nice. Their .223 and .22 come apart too which is a nice advantage when using .22 as it's pretty dirty.

and last, does anyone know a good class 3 dealer in my area? i belong to SPAG and will ask next time i'm in if they are. thanks everyone in advance. got nothing for ya on those two.
    Hope that helps

I'm not from philly, but I would very much so assume your not getting any paperworked signed by that CLEO.

Targetmaster in west chester is atleast a class III FFL, not sure if they have anything instock besides what they let you rent or not though.

(Lebanon County)

I have a demo model you can play with. I am about 1.0 hrs from phila...

(Warren County)

Thanks for saving me having to post to ask this.
    I too am still gathering info on .223/.22lr suppressors. I'm looking to suppress my AR15 and 10/22, so I'm gonna subscribe to follow along with you.
    Zone1
    My Glock does 1d6+3 dmg, but my 18 dex makes up for that...

(Montgomery County)

Philly PD, and Sheriff will NOT sign for NFA at all, apparently even for thier own officers.

you have 3 options:
    1. Move
    2. Incorporate
    3. Find someone else to sign.

Other folks seem to LOVE blabbing about trusts, but frankly, I'm not dumping high dollar NFA items into a "trust" that may or may not be safe. My lawyer thinks they are a little hinky for NFA purposes, and hes experienced and legally trained, so I'm going with his opinion.

22lr thru a 223 can is perfectly ok, BUT, make sure to use gilded or plated ammo (not bare lead) to reduce leading on the baffles.

I have no experience with YHM cans, but I have read favorable reviews.

As per local dealers, there are a couple i use in SE PA, and trust these guys implicitly.

Ray Barnes

Specialties: Class 3
    1317 Hamilton Street Suite B1
    Allentown, PA 18102
    Phone: (610) 261-5127
    E-mail: mp5sdREMOVETHISSPAMGARD@enter.net

and

Howard Block of JB ARMS

9138 West Chester Pike
    Upper Darby, PA 19082
    610 789-0200

GE6gun@comcast.net
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Philadelphia County)

well jaybell, i think you just saved me alot of money i dont know if that's good or bad. since no one in phila will sign who else would i be able to get to sign? i would love to get out of the city but i am currently considering the police academy in the future so i would have to remain a resident here , not that i have anything against the city i would just prefer a nice quiet town.
    thanks also for the invitation to come check them out force, i would definately take the ride but if i can't have one i don't want to tease myself. i guess i'll just find something else to obsess over.
    Last edited by smoke-wagon; April 7th, 2008 at 11:19 PM.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Montgomery County)

contact member "Gunlawyer001" on this forum, he can advise best course to obtain your items, hes had sucess in Philly residents getting NFA with processes OTHER than the Chief signoff.

other folks can sign, and other options like incorporation are available.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply