Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Dem lawmaker to rape victim: "statistics are not on your side"

The Denver Post made You Tube take down the video, so much for freedom of the Press. It actually was as bad as it looked I guess.

Screw the Denver Post here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl0MS7Z-Sjc
    Last edited by JenniferG; March 7th, 2013 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The Denver Post made You Tube take down the video, so much for freedom of the Press. It actually was as bad as it looked I guess.

Screw the Denver Post here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl0MS7Z-Sjc
    Thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    I can see a clueless asshole guy saying something so ferociously stupid, but this woman is a traitor not only to the Constitution but to her own sex!

I will admit I jumped to the conclusion that it was a guy until I read the article. I had the same thought you did.

(Venango County)

So public discomfort takes precedence over the right to self defense?

Apparently, they hand out diplomas/degrees to anyone. How unAmerican and what an idiot. Don't pass laws and become a politician or a person in power without first understanding the founding of the country you are trying to lead. It proves the case that these people are only in it for the personal power because they surely don't understand the workings of government in a free society.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    During a hearing in CO on legislation that will block cc on campus a student opposing the legislation spoke about how she wished she had a firearm when she was raped. A libtard senator instead said this:

“I just want to say that, actually statistics are not on your side even if you had had a gun. You said that you were a marshal arts student, I mean person, experienced in tae kwan do, and yet because this individual was so large, he was able to overcome you, even with your skills. And, chances are that if you would have had a gun, then he would have been able to get that from you and possibly use it against you….”

So, once again, 'you might as well just lay back and take it'.

Link
    When you're under heavy stress your fine motion goes right out the window. I've read that it's up to forty percent of your effectiveness is GONE. So unless this young lady was very very experienced she might have been inhibited long enough for him to get "inside" of her kicks and then grab her. Once he frightened her enough she would have panicked.

He was also armed. As she said, "He had a weapon. He did not need mine".

OTOH if she were carrying a 38 or 44 special revolver and were well trained in Situational Awareness, judging distance and was prepared she would point and squeeze. Continue firing until the piece is dry or the person starts to fall.

Her response was perfect - "Senator, I was carrying concealed. He didn't know that I had a weapon. He already had a weapon. He didn't need mine".

It's this of kind of interchange that makes me start to really hate Gun Control Enthusiasts. They're so fixated on "gun death" and their Holy Crusade that they'll toss anyone under the bus to suit. Such sick thinking needs to stop.
    Last edited by GeneCC; March 7th, 2013 at 10:16 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Colorado seems to need a history lesson. Maybe look up the Battle of Athens to see what reasonable people are forced to do in the face of tyrannical government.

I'm getting pretty sick and damned tired of the legislature in that state and I DON'T EVEN LIVE THERE.

The pure uncaring unethical uninformed assault on freedom is sickening. My blood is boiling just thinking about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123