Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Traded my S&W Model 915 for a Gen 2 Glock 19

Hey all as the title states i traded my S&W model 915 for a Gen 2 Glock 19. I have a Gen 4 Glock 22 that i love and wanted a smaller glock. Well i never really shoot the smith that much so it just sat in the safe well this Gen 2 Glock 19 came up for trade so i jumped on it for an even trade, i traded everything in that add for the Glock and 2 15 rounds mags and an IWB holster. One of the mags is a Gen 4 Glock 19 mag and the other mag looks to be a pre 1994 Glock 19 mag. The gun looks in pretty good shape except for some holster ware etc. I think i did pretty good for an even trade what do you think? Another nice thing is i can use all of my holsters from my G22. One of the neat things about this Glock is the serial # is the 2 letters that puts it around early 1990 and the 3 digits are 999 if im not mistaken wouldn't that put this gun at the last one before the letter pre fixed got changed?

IANAL

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Traded my S&W Model 915 for a Gen 2 Glock 19

Oh. I like 3rd gen Smiths. Nice Glock, it looks good in the pics.
    Johnnie F.

(Lehigh County)

As a guy who would readily trade his 3rd gen Glock 19 for a 2nd gen, I say, bravo! I really like the less knobby 2nd gen grip so much better. As I am not one to hang toys on a carry gun, I have zero need for any type of rail, also, so... the 2nd gen's are just so much cleaner to my eye.

Nice work. I am not conversant enough with Smiths to know what you gave up for it, mind you, but I am a firm believer of refreshing one's collection on the "blood" of long owned but less loved guns.

More power to you. If you ever decide you want a 3rd gen instead, drop me a line.

Cheers and happy shooting,
    D

(Lancaster County)

NICE!!! looks a lot like 2nd Gen G-17 from the 80's (which I cherish !) Nice trade.

Cb