Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Split Rock Gun Show-Eagle Arms

I arrived there late, about 1pm. The weather made for horrible driving on those hilly roads. I saw prices has gone down a few items. High gloos black korean ak mags $25 to $35, beat ar mags $20 to $30. Ammo still appeared high. Saw only 1 ar15, basic model with nothing for $1200, the rest were still very high.. I walked around a 22 semi auto rifle but only the dealers appeared interested in it. All i got for for my very long trip was a 20 rnd ak mag and a complete 88 commision bolt.My opinion, not worth it, prices might of peaked already but still not down enough yet.
    No Peace In Our Time.

(Northampton County)

I got there about about 9 waited in line to get in the parking lot then waited about 10-20 minutes to get in the door the place was packed with people from ny and nj trying to buy ars. Over all prices were crazy as soon as you thought you seen the worst price you'd go to the next table and see the same gun for acouple hundred more. I did pick up a m&p40c for 520 out the door I felt that I got a deal for the current market.

(Wayne County)

Actually, elder daughter and I had a pretty enjoyable day there.

I started out grumbling a bit when we got stuck on Route 940 with a traffic jam backing things up from the northern toll booth. So we turned around and went in off of Route 903. Parked off site and took the bus in. Got dropped off at about 1145-1200. Only had to wait behind 5 or 6 people to get in.

The place was crowded, but nowhere nearly as crowded as I've seen it in the past. You could move up and down the aisles pretty easily. There weren't a whole lot of people standing in the middle of the aisles BSing and blocking traffic like there usually is.

I was rather impressed at the amount of half-decent quality stuff OTHER than firearms there today. That's really what we went to see. There was more quality other stuff there today than the last few times we've gone. Not so much crappy flea market knives and RC helicopters and garbage. There were a couple of nice quality knife vendors there. Stuff I wished I could afford. The price of rifles and handguns was inflated, but no more so than they usually are, even in spite of the mad rush on firearms. Black rifles, on the other hand, were obscene. WASR-10s were selling for $1,195. That's damn near 3X the price they were going for the last time I was there.

Elder daughter scored her usual jerky fix, skipped on buying coins this time and bought a piece of glass jewelry. I scored a nice, old Schrade sharpening steel w/ sheath that was in nice condition, I found a nice leather pancake holster for my SP101 3", and I picked up some potassium iodide tablets.

I could have spent a lot more today if I had really wanted to all without touching a firearm. (Although there were a few guns that i would have loved to have taken home if I had a few grand laying around.

There also was a decent amount of "prepper" stuff there today. 72 hour food packs and that kind of crap if anyone is looking.

ETA: The roads weren't too bad when we left at 1500. Slushy. I-80 was shutdown eastbound of I-380, though. We just made it to 380.
    Last edited by Sandcut; March 16th, 2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Luzerne County)

At 9am waited about 20 minutes Yesterday to pay the $1 "toll". Cars were backed up on RT940. Another 20 min line to get in. Once inside you could move around pretty quick. I was looking for a particular handgun. There were not many around. Lots of AR's at inflated prices. Ammo was available, but very high. Saw lots of people lugging out $800 cases of 223.
    I managed to pick up a Ruger GP100 from Barbers Firearms. Very nice people and his prices were reasonable. By far the most popular table was the reloading guy. He had just about everything available at 12 pm and the prices were reasonable. Limit 1k primers and you had to purchase an equivelent dollar amount of other things. There was a line that took me 30 minutes to get to the table- order and pay! By noon it was pretty crowded, but you could still move around at a decent pace. Anyway, was a good day for me and my wife. Got what I was looking for and happy with what I paid.Though, I think a lot of the dealers there are taking advantage of the current situation and jacking up the prices.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Was the weather a factor??
    It took me 30 minutes to get out to PA 903 and another 30 minutes to pick up my daughter in Brodheadsville behind a snowplow on 903. However, most drivers appeared to be using their heads in that they would wait until the hills were clear of cars so they could go up and not get stuck halfway. I had originally thought there was a steady line of traffic all the way out to 903 and was glad to be proven wrong!

Some prices were OK, others were high. The only nagant revolvers (I saw 3) were going for $170 and that was including the cosmoline. I will be applying for a c&r license as a result. 5 boxes of tula 7.62x39 for $32 was OK for me but $20 for tula 9mm was a little steep, but then again, almost all of his 9mm ammo was sold regardless!
    ...and they have a plan...

(Delaware County)

Lackluster show, unless paying the now usual higher prices is your thing. I saw a very nice Persian 98/29 for sale. Looked at it a few times before deciding on buying it. My buddy went to grab one of the guys behind the table. He told the seller that I was interested in the rifle and had looked at it 3 times already.

The first words to him were "well, we aren't coming down in price".

I was ready with cash in hand to buy it. I did not want a better price as it was already reasonable (although I threw the "best price" question for shits and giggles). Thankfully I did not *need* the rifle. I was a bit pissed off about the statement and tone of voice. I declined the sale.

Anybody know who they were? They were located in the back left corner behind the food. They also had three Yugo M59 SKS rifles and some other Mausers.

(Monroe County)

We went today and got there around 9:45am and was there until almost 12:30pm. It was pretty crowded at times but almost no line to get in the door and it was kinda hit or miss on items. What really bugged me is why do people bring their young kids in strollers to events like this? Get a baby sitter. It just makes the crowded aisles worse.

I ended up picking up some odds and ends got an extra mag for my ruger lcp as well as a new holster. I also bought my boyfriend a mossberg 715T so he was happy. I would've bought some ammo but I can buy it cheaper locally.

I would go again but now I know what to expect and my expectations are a lot lower.

(Northampton County)

Went Sunday and previous post was correct. Quite a few baby strollers trying to squeeze through crowded isles.
    High prices etc. Parking crowded.
    Not the "good old days of Splitrock".

The seller was Big Mike from ProofHouse Inc. He had more than fair prices in the past but in the last show he seemed he got the bug too and raise the prices on all of his inventory. If you are on the market for surplus rifles, he has very good selection.
    He doesnt typical negotiated his prices but if you tell him that you are paying cash, he drops the price by 3-4%.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo5Charlie View Post
    Lackluster show, unless paying the now usual higher prices is your thing. I saw a very nice Persian 98/29 for sale. Looked at it a few times before deciding on buying it. My buddy went to grab one of the guys behind the table. He told the seller that I was interested in the rifle and had looked at it 3 times already.

The first words to him were "well, we aren't coming down in price".

I was ready with cash in hand to buy it. I did not want a better price as it was already reasonable (although I threw the "best price" question for shits and giggles). Thankfully I did not *need* the rifle. I was a bit pissed off about the statement and tone of voice. I declined the sale.

Anybody know who they were? They were located in the back left corner behind the food. They also had three Yugo M59 SKS rifles and some other Mausers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123