Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Thumbs down Lone wolf gun shop

Lone wolf gun shop outside New Castle, PA has a sign on the door "No loaded firearms in the store". Opened the door and asked about concealed carry. The gentleman behind the counter said "No, you cannot have your concealed carry gun loaded in the store." That is that store's policy, which I respect, but I will not do any business with a store that does not allow me or my law abiding friends to carry our self defense weapons into that business. I find it poor business that a shop that sells firearms not to allow a responsible law abiding person to carry their loaded weapon holstered.
    Last edited by robgoedeker; March 3rd, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Lone wolf gun shop

I know that store well.
    The story behind that sign, as was explained to me, is because some yo yo homey asked about trading a gun in on another gun, an then proceeded to pull out a loaded gun.
    I was told he has no problem with ccl fire arms that are concealed, and remain so.
    Not speaking for the owner, just relaying what the owner explained to me about the sign.

I have never been in the store without my ccw and the owner is well aware of that.

(Chester County)

My friend and long time gun supplier Dan Titus of Shooting Specialties in Bryn Mawr PA was beaten and robbed in his store years ago by gold chain wearing thugs.He made the grievous error of turning his back on the gold chain wearing thugs. Dan closed the the store and died later from a stroke which I suspect was helped along from the injuries he had received in the beating.

My other supplier Joffe's, my friend Randy was the gunsmith there, was located even closer to the city in Upper Darby at the time changed his policies soon afterward that no loaded guns or chain wearing thugs in the store. When you showed up he would have to see you through the door and then ring you in. Dan was a grouchy old pre madonna curmudgeon but he was my friend and his death was a big loss.

I do not, nor should anyone question the motives of gun store owners for wanting you to not bringing loaded concealed firearms into his store. If he knows you and you know the situation you should respect his wishes lest he turns his store into a ring in and examination of the clientèle through the door business too.

(Beaver County)

Do you really think a criminal that is going to commit a crime is going to abide by a policy of no firearms if that is what the owner wants?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by robgoedeker View Post
    Do you really think a criminal that is going to commit a crime is going to abide by a policy of no firearms if that is what the owner wants?
    Exactly. I wouldn`t even vaguely consider patronizing any gun shop that won`t allow legal carry. May as well set up shop in a "gun free" school zone.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by robgoedeker View Post
    Lone wolf gun shop outside New Castle, PA has a sign on the door "No loaded firearms in the store".
    Myself and a couple friends where thinking about making a trip to the south of Grove City to check out a couple of gun shops. We were planning on hitting Dukes, Triangle Arms, and Lone Wolf.

Thanks for the heads up on Lone Wolf; myself and friends vote with our wallets and we will never enter a gun shop that has such a unfriendly atmostphere....No guns=No $$
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    Myself and a couple friends where thinking about making a trip to the south of Grove City to check out a couple of gun shops.
    Check out Nesbit's while you're in the New Castle/Ellwood City area.

(Lawrence County)

I went to Lone Wolf once. NEVER AGAIN! I stated when I entered that I was just going around the local gun stores getting prices on a new concealed carry pistol. As soon as I said that, he could have cared less.Seemed like his attitude was if I wasn't spending money right then, he had no use for me. Rough, gruff attitude and he came across as some kind of hardass. I've talked to other people around the area and they basically echoed my experience. Evidently his people person skills need some improvement.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wildwince View Post
    I went to Lone Wolf once. NEVER AGAIN! I stated when I entered that I was just going around the local gun stores getting prices on a new concealed carry pistol. As soon as I said that, he could have cared less.Seemed like his attitude was if I wasn't spending money right then, he had no use for me. Rough, gruff attitude and he came across as some kind of hardass. I've talked to other people around the area and they basically echoed my experience. Evidently his people person skills need some improvement.
    I got the same impression during my one and only visit. This guy was talking to and looking at me like I just f'ed his wife. Why? I have no idea, but I quickly became aware that he was OC'ing and I was disarmed (because I abided by his "no weapons" sign) and that I was the only customer in his middle-of-nowhere store. In short, this was the first time in 20+ years that I felt incredibly uncomfortable, if not unsafe, in a gun shop, and I'm very far from the overly sensitive, easily intimidated type. While he might have been simply having a bad day, I won't be back to find out.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    My friend and long time gun supplier Dan Titus of Shooting Specialties in Bryn Mawr PA was beaten and robbed in his store years ago by gold chain wearing thugs.He made the grievous error of turning his back on the gold chain wearing thugs. Dan closed the the store and died later from a stroke which I suspect was helped along from the injuries he had received in the beating.

My other supplier Joffe's, my friend Randy was the gunsmith there, was located even closer to the city in Upper Darby at the time changed his policies soon afterward that no loaded guns or chain wearing thugs in the store. When you showed up he would have to see you through the door and then ring you in. Dan was a grouchy old pre madonna curmudgeon but he was my friend and his death was a big loss.

I do not, nor should anyone question the motives of gun store owners for wanting you to not bringing loaded concealed firearms into his store. If he knows you and you know the situation you should respect his wishes lest he turns his store into a ring in and examination of the clientèle through the door business too.
    maybe your friend got beaten and robbed because there were no armed customer there who could have got his back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast