Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Was put on delay

I own two pistols (both bought in 2013). Have a LCTF and tried to buy a mossberg from walmart and was put on delay. I went in today with the atf flyer saying that after 3 days with no response they can transfer the firearm and walmart said no. Had walmart call pics and pics said that they werent done with my case yet. I have a completely clean record with no crime/mental health. What gives? Has anybody had a similar experience??

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Was put on delay

In Pa it's 15 days, it happened to me one time and they used the 15 days before releasing the gun.

(Butler County)

did the ffl get a call back from pics? I have a feeling that they'll call walmart at some point and the gentleman running the sporting goods department wont be the one getting the call and I fear my approval will come in and nobody will know.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobWVU View Post
    did the ffl get a call back from pics? I have a feeling that they'll call walmart at some point and the gentleman running the sporting goods department wont be the one getting the call and I fear my approval will come in and nobody will know.
    Yes they did, and from what the FFL dealer told me and I also herd similar stories is that they usually always wait til the 15th day.

(Butler County)

such BS. I have no smudges on my record whatsoever and an extremely unique last name AND I include my SSN on all of my firearm purchases.

such BS. I have no smudges on my record whatsoever and an extremely unique last name AND I include my SSN on all of my firearm purchases.
    I've been hearing this happening an awful lot lately at Walmart. I wouldn't be that surprised if the employee dealing with you accidentally entered your info wrong.. Too bad there's no way of knowing for sure

(Butler County)

I purchased it on saturday and went back today. Federal law and the ATF says that if NICS (which I believe when a check goes into delay it goes from pics to nics) does not respond to the ffl with either a proceed or deny within three business days then the ffl can legally transfer the firearm and put "no solution" on the form 4493 (i think thats what its called). I brought a ton of proof backing up that claim to walmart, explained it to the gentleman who sold me the gun and his supervisor, and her supervisor. Even after an hour after explaining my situation, the atf law, and pointing out where it said this on form 4493, they still would not transfer the firearm. I had them call pics and the lady with pics said she had my file in her hand and they were not done processing it. doesnt make sense considering I bought a pistol the week before and pics cleared me in minutes, same thing with my first pistol and my lctf.

(Allegheny County)

I purchased it on saturday and went back today. Federal law and the ATF says that if NICS (which I believe when a check goes into delay it goes from pics to nics) does not respond to the ffl with either a proceed or deny within three business days then the ffl can legally transfer the firearm and put "no solution" on the form 4493 (i think thats what its called). I brought a ton of proof backing up that claim to walmart, explained it to the gentleman who sold me the gun and his supervisor, and her supervisor. Even after an hour after explaining my situation, the atf law, and pointing out where it said this on form 4493, they still would not transfer the firearm. I had them call pics and the lady with pics said she had my file in her hand and they were not done processing it. doesnt make sense considering I bought a pistol the week before and pics cleared me in minutes, same thing with my first pistol and my lctf.
    In Pa they use PICS which is run through the Pa state police, if you get a delay they have up to 15 days. It doesn't matter how much proof you bring they won't release the gun til they hear back from the state police.

It's fucked up but that's the way it is, and as I said you will more than likely be made to wait the 15 days.

When it happened to me the dealer laughed because I know him, he knows I have a LTCF. You got red flagged for something, maybe someone with the same name can't own a gun, maybe it's because they are over whelmed with back round checks, who knows. If you have no record then I wouldn't worry, it's a screwed up system.
    Last edited by arjohnson; March 1st, 2013 at 01:46 AM.

(Butler County)

I guess waiting 15 days wont be the worst thing thats ever happened to me haha.

(Montgomery County)

I guess waiting 15 days wont be the worst thing thats ever happened to me haha.
    Ever been punched in the ear by a gorilla who was angry that you ate the last banana? That would be a pretty bad experience. Good luck with your battle though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast