Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montour County)

Default What do you think of...?

What is everyones thoughts on kimber? I would love to get a Pro TLE II (LG)™ .45 ACP but yes it is expensive. I love the looks but have yet to hold one. I just want to get a general idea of thoughts on this weapon. Is it over rated? Is it worth the money?
    Reap the fields of knowledge for all they are worth.

(Blair County)

Default Re: What do you think of...?

hehe.... Now here's a discussion that should get a lot of attention!

I own 2 Kimbers, my father owns 4. We love them.

But when you ask if they are worth the money you have to consider why you ask...

Are they worth it for accuracy?
    Are they worth it for aesthetics?
    Are they worth it for customer support?
    Are they worth it for reliability?

You must be more specific about your concerns if you are looking for a serious answer.

I like my Kimbers, but my Wilson Combat is more accurate. My Glocks are more easily concealed. My XD9 is less expensive to shoot.

Nonetheless my Kimbers will be handed down to my grandson...

I haven't held that particular weapon. I like Kimbers and think they are fine pistols. I really like how they feel and they shoot well. As jailkeeper said, it would depend on what you're looking for in terms of accuracy, reliability, concealability, customer support, etc. One thing that I do NOT like about Kimber's is the warranty. There are MANY 1911 manufacturers who have lifetime warranties on their weapons, for a Kimber that is not the case. If I remember right, it's like a 1 or 3 year warranty. I once called them because I thought someone was joking and they affirmed that that was correct, there is NOT a lifetime warranty on their firearms. I personally would probably consider some other manufacturers who make firearms just as nice that do the same job, just because of the warranty issue.

(Luzerne County)

I do not have that model. I have a ultra carry. It is my carry piece. Works well.

(Montour County)

Im looking for it all. mainly accuracy and reliability. Is there a manufacturer that is comparable to kimber for less money. i like the wilson combats but thats $3000 MSRP out of my range.
    Reap the fields of knowledge for all they are worth.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    There are MANY 1911 manufacturers who have lifetime warranties on their weapons, for a Kimber that is not the case. If I remember right, it's like a 1 or 3 year warranty. I once called them because I thought someone was joking and they affirmed that that was correct, there is NOT a lifetime warranty on their firearms. I personally would probably consider some other manufacturers who make firearms just as nice that do the same job, just because of the warranty issue.
    To my knowledge, they've yet to refuse to fix a gun due to the "warranty lapsing". If there's a problem with their gun, that's their fault...they'll fix it. They just don't state it in writing.

I don't much care for their customer service in general, but they do stand behind their product.

Springfield Armory and S&W stand out above everyone else though. I'd buy a SA, but that's only because I don't like FP safeties on 1911's. They're all pretty good guns, though.