Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default question about a traffic stops

I know if/when I get pulled over for a traffic violation the LEO always ask for drivers licenses, registration and proof of insurance. Here's my question should I inform that I am CC'ing and just automatically give the LEO my LTCF card with all my other info? just so I avoid any kind of drama or BS during the traffic stop.

Thank you for your help and input in advance

(Washington County)

Default Re: question about a traffic stops

No! I would not give my LTCF with my other documents.
    Again, Pa is a no inform state.

Keeping your rights will not create 'drama' or BS.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by micaki8 View Post
    I know if/when I get pulled over for a traffic violation the LEO always ask for drivers licenses, registration and proof of insurance. Here's my question should I inform that I am CC'ing and just automatically give the LEO my LTCF card with all my other info? just so I avoid any kind of drama or BS during the traffic stop.

Thank you for your help and input in advance
    Is it really necessary to post the same thread in 3 different forums??? Do a search. There's probably a million different threads on this exact topic. Personally, no I do not inform.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Monroe County)

Go easy on him he is a newbie dont scare him away. OP there are several posts on this site addressing the issue use the search engine and pull them up ,read and familiarize yourself with the topic.

THere are ONLY 7 states in the union that are "shall inform" states and Pennsylvania is NOT one of them.

(Delaware County)

sorry zack didn't know I was going to bother you by posting in three different threads. I was just asking a question isn't that what this site is about asking questions and getting help from others

(Lebanon County)

sorry zack didn't know I was going to bother you by posting in three different threads. I was just asking a question isn't that what this site is about asking questions and getting help from others
    What you might want to consider is: if your gun is somewhere you'll have to reach for your license and registration, as in your glove box where the officer may see you reaching for as you are legitimately reaching for your information. I would tell him before you start reaching.
    If you get your paperwork ready or keep it somewhere your gun isn't. .. you're better off.
    If you've done something that makes the officer nervous and he asks you to step out of your vehicle. You may want to inform. Most cops don't care if you carry. And all the cops I know believe it is yiur right to carry and encourage it.
    YMMV though.
    99 percent of the time. You won't need to inform.

(York County)

Yeah, and maybe you should be apologizing to Zack, since he is trying to help you but you would rather try to be clever or hard-assed with your snarky attitude. You see, your cross-posting is against forum rules (as is common with most forums) and could have resulted in infractions or a ban for you.

Cross-Posting (5 points, Expires in 1 month)
    We ask that no one post the same thread, topic, classified ad, etc. in multiple locations on the site, as all that does is create clutter, confusion, and divergent discussions on the same topic. In the past this was considered a spam infraction, but in the interests of clarification we've decided to create a separate infraction for this. Note that while this is only a 5 point infraction, the more you cross-post a topic, the more infractions you will receive. For example, if you post a topic twice, you will receive one infraction for the duplicate; if you post a topic 5 times, you will receive 4 infractions. If you feel it absolutely necessary or important to cross-post for some reason, please contact the staff in advance of posting, so that the request can be reviewed.
    Rules are here: http://forum.pafoa.org/rules-129/175...fractions.html
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Philadelphia County)

PA has no duty to inform. You don't have to tell him anything. Whether you do or not is a personal choice. The method you describe is used by some people here. Personally I don't say anything.

(Dauphin County)

There is no requirement to inform an officer that you are carrying in PA, and contrary to your wishes, doing say will actually create drama and BS. The only time I would inform is if, for some reason, I was being made to exit the vehicle.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Bucks County)

PA is not a duty to inform....however, do what you feel is best in the situation (many people will come on here and tell you never to talk to an officer about carrying, youll end up with guns pointed at you, etc).

If you're going to do it start with something like "sir out of respect to you i would like to inform you that i am carrying and my gun is at my 3' oclock loaded, here are my credentials"

I have only informed once and it was because i was out of the vehicle and it went very well, was never disarmed or even asked to see where it was...

Every situation warrants different actions IMO...

but many will come and tell you to never tell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast