It's my pleasure to announce the third dedicated precision rifle match to be held at the Langhorne Rod & Gun Club, 215 Stoney Ford Rd, Northampton, PA. I apologize for the short notice, but we've been very busy with the program, and it snuck up on us. We hope you can still come out and join us. We will be providing some snacks and nourishment during the day.

The match will begin at 10:00 AM on the long range, which is reached by coming through the main gate and turning 180 degrees left, and proceeding down the one lane road through the orange gate. Do not report to the clubhouse. Registration and safety briefing will be conducted right there on the range, and there will be no shooting or sighting whatsoever in before the match.

Leave all rifles, gear, and other items in the vehicle until you are registered, and assigned to a firing position. Individual fieldcraft gear is not required for this match. This match will be principally an individual effort competition, although there may be a stage or two where you are paired with another competitor.

Required:

Scoped, center fire rifle of any action type or caliber (I'm sorry, but the range cannot handle 50 BMG). Suppressors are totally welcome – remember to bring a copy of your stamp. An effective sling is highly recommended, as is a field usable front support of some kind (bipod, rucksack). No sandbags will be permitted. Any MOA accurate varmint rifle is totally appropriate for the match.

The right must be properly sighted in BEFORE you arrive. I apologize but we can give NO QUARTER on this. Targets will be at 100/200 yards and scaled down to represent longer distance shots out to 1000y.

50 rounds of ammunition.

Spotting scope, and binoculars are highly recommended.

Marking pen, stapler, staples.

Range safety gear, including a chamber flag which is mandatory. We've found a piece of colored wire works well. If you don't have one, we can rent you one for a dollar.

Match fee - $15 LRGC members, $20 non-members. We will accommodate late arrivals with either a 10 point penalty, or a $5.00 fee – your choice.

Registration – No prepayment is required, but you must email langhorne@langhornerodandgunclub.org with “PRECISION MATCH” in the subject to let us know you're coming (one person may email on behalf of a group that's coming together). Just tell us how many are coming, and what you'll be shooting, e.g. Action, caliber, etc.

To help speed things up, please bring a shot timer if you own one.

I anticipate there will be some prizes too! One very cool item has already been donated.