Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 26

50 54.35%
  • M&P9c

42 45.65%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Glock26 or M&P9c

I like the in the hand feel of my m&p better then my glocks, but the glock is very reliable, and cycles anything you throw at it. Its a toss up, but as far as accuracy I think they are pretty close. My vote is for the glock.

(Allegheny County)

Didn't vote, because there was no Both button.

My EDC is a Glock 19, my wife's EDC is a Glock 26, with that said - I would not have a problem carrying either a S&W M&P9c or a 4th Gen Glock 26 (not a 3rd Gen - the hump on the rear of the grip doesn't fit MY hand perfectly)

Good luck with your choice.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Cumberland County)

I carry a Gen 4 G26 for my everyday carry. I love it and it is very accurate for such a small firearm. It's a Glock, it is going to work every time. I have a G19 and 34 as well. I don't have a lot of experience with e M & P's but my friend has one and the trigger is very gritty. I believe a trigger job would be in order if I had one. I vote for the Glock.

I like the feel of the m&pc better than the glock. An apex trigger kit makes the m&pc a fantastic gun. You can't go wrong with either.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    if you don't instinctively shoot a Glock better than any pistol that you are comparing it to, then it MIGHT not be the right gun for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    my main concern is I like a bit more capacity i.e something I can "fight" with.
    Just thinking out loud, here, I agree with VooDoo1 (x2) about instinct shooting, especially with a carry gun. It is very underrated and not practiced enough, IMO. Sure, there are those that do it, but the multitude I see don't even know what it is and think you're an idiot for not getting a sight picture on your bad guy. Obviously, bad guy sits don't happen everyday, and we don't want them to, but what if you gotta draw and fire before you can acquire your target with the sights? In a typical gunfight, will you need 12 rounds over 10? I don't know that I'd let that be my determining factor as much as I would which one of these two pistols can you get on target, quickly, and get closest to your mark in a rapid fire situation. Also, which one of these can you keep control of the best in a speed fire sit. It sounds like BS to some, but it is how I determine what I carry, and I can live with it. A gun you can shoot great and with confidence will serve you better, hence; what you can fight with the best.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

300, thanks for the good food for thought. I only say 12 over 10 because of recent sits such as newtown,ct and the movie theater shooting. My thoughts of concealed carry have changed and while I love my pm9 I would feel just a bit more comfy with a few more rounds without going to a glock 19 or a full size g17 or the like. I think the g26 is an excellent gun and 10 rounds is plenty of fire power but in this change of my thoughts I will take any advantage I can get. I only say the 12 rounds of the m&p cause I don't like mag extensions and never use them at best I used the GAP floor plate but that's it. To be honest after thinking about it all day I'm leaning towards the glock 26 cause I feel more comfy with glock period. I have an m&p 45 but that's really a range gun with the trigger I have in it, and even though I shoot it well I am not comfy carrying it with the trigger.
    I'm really enjoying the responses and appreciate everyone who as helped out so far. Keep it going. Kind of surprised Noah as not responded yet...

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I carry an M&P9c w/Apex DCAEK trigger, and I think it's great. Feels good in my hand, the trigger is excellent, and I've never had a malfunction. I know the Glock is a great gun, but every time I hold one, it makes my skin crawl - it's like holding a 2x4. The Glock is the only gun that I absolutely can't stand the feel of.

You can't go wrong with either one. Buy what you like.

To be honest after thinking about it all day I'm leaning towards the glock 26 cause I feel more comfy with glock period.
    Gotta go with what you're comfortable with. 10 shots and 10 hits is better than 12 shots and 6 hits. Many people swear by them and they are just about nuclear holocaust proof, which I wouldn't say about the M&P, but a good gun, nonetheless.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Schuylkill County)

I'm looking for a new carry gun. I have had both in the past and like them both, I feel I shoot the m&p a bit better but still shoot the g26 well. .
    I feel like you've pretty much answered your own question with your second sentence. For whatever reason, you're MORE comfortable with the S&W. Not that you're uncomfortable with the Glock. as you stated. My personal opinion for my own hand would be the Glock, just feels better in my hand. Couple that with their legendary dependability and you get my choice between the two. But from your statement, I would suggest you go with the S&W. I do own both a S&W and a Glock, but my EDC is a Colt Defender so I'm not partial.

(Delaware County)

I've carried and shot both extensively, Glock 26 wins easily for me. The size and shape of the G26 in a crossbreed supertuck works perfectly as my EDC. I like the sights, grip, and trigger of the G26 more than the M&P9c. But both are great guns that eat everything you feed them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast