Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Here we go again...Nut job with an AK47 in the news

http://www.wfsb.com/news/15793323/detail.html

MILFORD, Conn. -- A man's alleged plot to use an AK-47 to shoot children arriving home from school ended in arrest Friday.Milford police arrested Karl Hansen, 47, of Milford, a resident of the Caswell Cove Condominium complex and charged him with first-degree threatening, second-degree harassment and breach of peace.Police received a complaint on Tuesday from a resident in the same complex who pointed to a posting on the condo association's Web site that indicated that children in the complex would be shot with an AK-47.Investigators were able to pinpoint an Internet protocol address of the computer that police said they believe was used to post the message. When police searched Hansen's unit later in the afternoon, they confiscated his computer, but found no weapons.Hansen was not charged with any crime on Tuesday, but was sent Hansen to Milford Hospital for an evaluation.By the evening, detectives said they retrieved the posting from the hard drive on the seized computer that specifically stated:
    • "How about we just shoot all the dogs. You can just let them run free on weekends, and anyone can pick them off if they get too close. Cats are fair game too : )."Good Idea. I hate kids too. Let them out with the dogs and cats. I got an AK-47 ready to go."
    Authorities obtained an arrest warrant the next day. The hospital released Hansen on Friday morning, at which time, police served the arrest warrant.He remains held on $25,000 bond pending an arraignment later in the day on Friday.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Here we go again...Nut job with an AK47 in the news

Let me get this straight... He owned no weapons - but they arrested him anyway?

Sheesh I fear the day when someone comes to my house to investigate my offhand comments of "I could never work with children, I'd end up shooting one of them" since I actually have weapons

(Lebanon County)

fuck the tinfoil hat...i'm having a whole suit made........
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Centre County)

Doesn't look like a threat to me... more like a proposal. Farting in the checkout line at the grocery store is a bigger "breach of peace".

(Bucks County)

Until.....he actually does something and kills children..then we would all be saying " well why didnt we do anything beforehand, he was obviously sending a warning"....

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    MILFORD, Conn. -- A man's alleged plot to use an AK-47 to shoot children arriving home from school ended in arrest Friday.Milford police arrested Karl Hansen, 47, of Milford, a resident of the Caswell Cove Condominium complex and charged him with first-degree threatening, second-degree harassment and breach of peace.Police received a complaint on Tuesday from a resident in the same complex who pointed to a posting on the condo association's Web site that indicated that children in the complex would be shot with an AK-47.Investigators were able to pinpoint an Internet protocol address of the computer that police said they believe was used to post the message. When police searched Hansen's unit later in the afternoon, they confiscated his computer, but found no weapons.Hansen was not charged with any crime on Tuesday, but was sent Hansen to Milford Hospital for an evaluation.By the evening, detectives said they retrieved the posting from the hard drive on the seized computer that specifically stated:
    which one was it?

(Lawrence County)

It says he was not charged on Tuesday, he was charged on Friday.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    It says he was not charged on Tuesday, he was charged on Friday.
    they must have a waiting period for charging a person.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ca2pa View Post
    Until.....he actually does something and kills children..then we would all be saying " well why didnt we do anything beforehand, he was obviously sending a warning"....
    I can not see where he can be charged with a crime, since he did not commit one, but I sure would have some psych evaluations done.

Quote Originally Posted by reels18 View Post
    I can not see where he can be charged with a crime, since he did not commit one, ...
    See Minority Report. Looks like that's the new law enforcement model.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast