Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default when to renew my ltcf

hey guys, I have a ltcf issued by the Adams county sheriff. it expires in August of 2014, do any of you know when and how we're supposed to renew it? what's the process? thanks in advance,

Aaron

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: when to renew my ltcf

You go to the Sheriff's office and apply. Most will allow you to apply 60 days prior to expiration.

The cost should be $20. The paperwork is the same as a new issue - there is no technical difference between a new issue and a renewal.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

I was mailed a notification from Chester Co. sheriff 2 1/2 months prior to expiration date.

(Beaver County)

I also received a notice in the mail from Beaver Co. when it was time to renew.
    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o92/quipfan/pc_pics/stay_back_100_meters2-351x146.jpg

(Chester County)

It seems getting notification about 2 months before your current LTCF expires is the norm in most counties. It should come with instructions, but as stated above there's no difference between applying for your first or renewing other than Adams county has a box to check for renewal.

Just to be safe, mark your calendar to remind you about 2 months before yours expires just in case you don't get a notice or it gets buried in a pile of junk mail.

1. You MUST have a valid Pennsylvania Drivers License or Identification Card.

2. Out of state applications must have a license to carry AND a Drivers License or State ID from the state which they reside.

3. Firearms Permits are valid for five years from the date issue.

4. Applications not completed correctly or entirely will be returned.

5. We will be contacting your references as part of the background process. Applications will be denied if contact information is incomplete or inaccurate.

6. You Must reside in The County of Adams or have a license to carry from the state in which you reside.

7. Complete questions 1-41 Entirely. (Please indicate if this is a newel at the top right corner of the application).

8. General Use is NOT an acceptable reason for question #28.

9. If you mark employment for question #28 if you are Not self-employed, you MUST have a letter from your employer stating that they are aware you will be carrying while working.

10. You may hand deliver OR mail application to, The County of Adams, Sheriffs Office, 117 Baltimore Street, Room 4, Gettysburg, PA 17325.

11. When approved you will be notified by mail and YOU WILL need to come to the Sheriffs Office in Person to pick up your permit. You may pick up your permit Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm, except from 12:30pm-1:30pm and Holidays.

REGARDLESS IF YOU ARE RENEWING OR A FIRST TIME APPLICANT, APPROVAL WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 4-6 WEEKS AFTER RECEIPT OF APPLICATION.

What if you move? Do you have to go to your old county where you got it last or the new county you currently live in?

(Lehigh County)

In Lehigh county it's 2 months before expiration date
    Gun control is not about guns, it's about CONTROL