Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Glock Factory Refurbished

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with Glock factory refurb? Have a chance to get a 22 Gen 4 for $550. Includes case, 3 mags, everything a new model would have. Looks really nice. Has a police department name and logo engraved on the slide.

Thanks.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Glock Factory Refurbished

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with Glock factory refurb? Have a chance to get a 22 Gen 4 for $550. Includes case, 3 mags, everything a new model would have. Looks really nice. Has a police department name and logo engraved on the slide.

Thanks.
    Shouldn't be an issue but that seems kind of high to me. Used Glocks, especially with a new set of springs...should not fail you.

(Schuylkill County)

First off, I don't have any experience with glock factory refurbs, but I do think 550.00 is high for a refurb. At least in my area (1/2 hr. north east of Allentown) regular pricing for consumer glocks is only about $16.00 more for a first quality from the local gun shop. That is an OTD price. Availabilty, on the other hand, is another story. Also, if you qualify for L.E. pricing (volunteer firefighter with a valid I.D.) you can figure on knocking a hundred bucks off the top. Only certain dealers participate so you have to check. I would suggest shopping around a little bit. Now if you're interested in the slide engravings and you feel the price is fair then by all means, go for it!
    Last edited by paptini; February 23rd, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

Thats real high. If you have to have a 22, you can find a brand new gen 3 for around 550, gen 4s are around 6, but id much rather buy new.

(Berks County)

Unfortunately, I'm not eligible for the LE discount.

Availability IS the big issue. I haven't seen a new Glock in a shop in about 2 months. If anyone can point me where to actually find a new gen 3 in 17, 19, 22, 23, or 21 at $550, I'd buy it, because I haven't been able to find one. Don't really care one way or the other about the PD logo, this just looks like a nearly brand new gun with all factory options, that's why I was considering it.

Always wanted a Glock, but just coming a little late to the dance I guess I could just relax and wait until the current frenzy eases up.
    Last edited by esh21167; February 22nd, 2013 at 09:49 PM.

(Delaware County)

Well not sure if you herd about tanners. They sell Gen 3 Glock 22 for $509 new and the gen4 22 for $565 only thing is they are on backorder. You can have them put you on the list and a $50 deposit on one. Good Luck

(Berks County)

Where is Tanners located?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by paptini View Post
    First off, I don't have any experience with glock factory refurbs, but I do think 550.00 is high for a refurb. At least in my area (1/2 north east of Allentown) regular pricing for consumer glocks is only about $16.00 more for a first quality from the local gun shop. That is an OTD price. Availabilty, on the other hand, is another story. Also, if you qualify for L.E. pricing (volunteer firefighter with a valid I.D.) you can figure on knocking a hundred bucks off the top. Only certain dealers participate so you have to check. I would suggest shopping around a little bit. Now if you're interested in the slide engravings and you feel the price is fair then by all means, go for it!
    Can you name a dealer in the LV that gives LEO discounts?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Where is Tanners located?
    2301 YORK ROAD*
    JAMISON, PA* 18929
    Phone 215.343.3103

http://tannerssportcenter.com/

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Can you name a dealer in the LV that gives LEO discounts?
    I always go to Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua. Just a short hop right up 309N into Tamaqua. Get into town, at the third light turn left onto 209. 4th light Ed's will be on your left. Phone # 570-668-1080 pickings are awful slim these days so I would suggest a phone call first. Or if your interested in something and you want it checked out, feel free to PM me. Shop's closed Sunday and Monday, Tuesday through Friday it's 11 to 7 and Saturday is 9 to 4. It's only 2 minutes from my house so I can stop anytime on my way home from work. Just an F.Y.I. I just purchased a 31, full size in 357sig, L.E. pricing at Ed's was $466.00 that's OTD, tax pics all inclusive.
    Last edited by paptini; February 23rd, 2013 at 10:07 AM.