Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Thumbs up wuzup in susq county?

Hey fellow susquehanna rez. Whats happening in the county? Here at the Harford rod and gun club we will be having a black powder shoot april 20th. Open shoot, targets for every type of front stuffer! Whats your club doing this month?
    greyhunter Never been lost, fearsome confused sometimes.

(Susquehanna County)

Smile Re: wuzup in susq county?

Turkey shoot - Lucky X - Win a turkey, Ham or Club Membership (your choice) at the Blue Ridge SPortsmen's CLub, New Milford PA. and
    Full 25-round Trap . SUNDAY MAY 18, 10:00 a.m. TILL ???
    Both events start at 10:00 A.M (After the 7:00 A.M. Pancake breakfast buffet)
    EVERYONE WELCOME
    rain date: sUNDAY mAY 25 (NO BREAKFAST.)
    For directions to the club and other info: www.blueridgesportsmensclub.com
    Al Robbins
    Rangemaster

(Susquehanna County)

I don`t know if this will even be read, but, I`m in Susquehanna county. Nothing is happening here in Thompson. I`ve been asking around. Folks around here are very closed mouth. You think because I`m not a Mason is the reason?
    The Fanger

(Susquehanna County)

If you are a pistol shooter, there is the IPA league which shoots in New Milford (home ) and travels to Binghamton to shoot with them and Greene NY at the Binghamton range, and the Broome Co Sportsmen, and Tioga Sportsmen - shoots every Friday at 7 P.M. either home or away. Its fun, comradery and good practice. Especially if you, like me, are addicted to the smell of burnt gunpowder :-)
    There are various activities at the Blue Ridge Sportsmens club - open range to members, special events, and a 4-h club is forming (we need adult volunteers for youth shooting sports - and kids to join up) . The BRSC meest 7:30 the 2nd Monday every month, Bingo 7 PM the third Saturday, and pancake breakfast buffet every third Sunday morning from 7 to 11.
    I don't know what you are looking for, but the peaceful, free,and beautiful Susquehanna country lif sure beats city living.

Al Robbins - happily surviving the winter until Spring comes and I can exercise my Harley on the wonderful Endless Mountain roads and little towns.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: wuzup in susq county?

Hey Al Robbins,
    Thanks for answering. I basically shoot paper targets at my place. I do don`t want to join a formal club at this time. I WOULD like to meet people in my area who shoot, which is the reason why I registered at this forum. I have not shot in any competition.

Joe
    The Fanger

(Susquehanna County)

Thumbs up Re: wuzup in susq county?

Joe,
    I'd like to meet you and do some shooting sometime. I have a 150 Yd outdoor rifle and a pistol range, I shoot paper targets with different courses of fire as well as competition practice. I also have a steel plate range which is lots of fun (How long does it take to "run" all 16 plates? etc. )
    I shoot a large assortment of pistol calibers and load my own target ammo.
    I live outside of New Milford near Old Mill Villiage .

The range is difficult to access in deep snow, but snowshoes just add to the challenge. Any other time, we could just drive right up to the range.

If you'd like to meet and shoot sometime, drop me a line at aljohn@nep.net and we'll set something up.
    Al Robbins

(Northampton County)

I am from Easton but head to Harmony Twsp to spend some quiet time as well as hunt. Last hunting season I got to meet larrymeyer. If anyone wouldn't mind my stopping and saying "hello" while I'm up that way, send me a PM and let me know.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Susquehanna County)

Al Robbins,
    I just checked out your link to Blue Ridge on your last posting and am sending in a Family membership application. Looks like a good club. My son will be in your 4-H chapter if you get it going. Going up to work on the camp in Harford most of pre-Easter week. It needs a few more walls, maybe some roof.
    Question...I am applying for my FL carry permit, but as things stand in PA, I guess that they will not accept it unless I am a resident of Florida, not NJ. How tight is our county on the matter? I am not officially a PA resident...yet.
    Look forward to meeting you sometime.

Bob Shaw