Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Help with a holster question

I am looking for a cheap holster to start carrying with. I am a college student so obviously I dont have 100 dollars to spend on a nice one at this moment. I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Uncle Mike's IWB holster and if its a waste of $15 or if it is good enough to last me until the summer when I start working again and can afford to buy a nicer one. Thanks for the help.

(York County)

Default Re: Help with a holster question

IMHO, I have never seen an Uncle Mike's holster that I would trust with a BB gun. I guess they work OK for some folks so they can't be all that bad, but I've never liked the cheap looks and price.

What are you trying to holster? Because you certainly don't need to spend $100. Between my wife and I we own 7 holsters, most are leather, and not a one was over $60. And they are all top brand names, and they were all new when purchased.

I might buy retail, but I don't pay retail.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

When i was in college i still lived by the rule buy once cry once...I expeiremented with a bunch of different holsters over the years since carrying (as many others have) and the saying really lives true when it comes to holsters/gun accessories....you get what you pay for and buy once cry once...

that 100 dollar investment on a good holster will last you forever...where you buy 30 dollar one here, get sick of it after a few months try another 30 dollar one, etc and you should of just bought a decent holster to start...

Galco King Tuk (great IWB holster) around 60 bucks....cant beat that!!

just saying

i really like the remora holster...i wear IWB on the way to school and then i can easily slip it off and leave it in the truck...but since youre are in PA you can leave the gun in the remora and put it in your bag etc..i would so there is no chance of printing

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    i really like the remora holster...i wear IWB on the way to school and then i can easily slip it off and leave it in the truck...but since youre are in PA you can leave the gun in the remora and put it in your bag etc..i would so there is no chance of printing
    I think you're wrong about our laws here....No guns on campus...but you're correct about not having printing issues in PA

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    I think you're wrong about our laws here....No guns on campus...but you're correct about not having printing issues in PA
    I may show some ignorance here when it comes down to our concealed carry laws, but it was my understanding that it was up to the institution to decide if the campus was a gun free zone. Now that may differ from how state colleges and universities would view it, I'm not sure. I'm eager to know.

Also, I've used the Crossbreed IWB holsters in the past, but there is now a knock-off being sold on Amazon for $45.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dj5481 View Post
    I am looking for a cheap holster to start carrying with. I am a college student so obviously I dont have 100 dollars to spend on a nice one at this moment. I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Uncle Mike's IWB holster and if its a waste of $15 or if it is good enough to last me until the summer when I start working again and can afford to buy a nicer one. Thanks for the help.
    I can appreciate the fact that you are a college student without a whole lot of disposable income right now.

Here is what you need to appreciate....................

Carrying a firearm is an extremely significant responsibility. It's a responsibility that needs to be respected and done the right way. Part of that is making the investment necessary to purchase not only a quality firearms - and train with it - but also make the financial investment in the correct and proper gear.

It's not just about the gun.

And a $15 holster is not going to get the job done.

There are a lot of very good holster companies out there. Uncle Mike's isn't one of them.

And there are some good quality holsters in the $50 - $75 range too.

www.3riverstraining.com

(Allegheny County)

OP, if your going cheap here's a starter holster till you can build up your funds:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSe...antis+sof+tuck
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(York County)

I have always plugged CrossBreed holsters and their ecxcellent SuperTuck Deluxe whenever someone inquires about a good holster, it is an excellent choice and very comfortable.

But not cheap.

I have to say, for a quick "Grab and stuff inside your waistband" holster that won't break the bank, try a Comp-Tac Infidel. I have one for a S&W Shield and it is both thin and easy to take on and off. Quite comfortable. I prefer the 15% FBI cant option, which angles the gun slightly forward for comfot and ease of drawing the firearm.

And yes... the soft, Uncle Mikes holsters and the dozens of similar ones are a complete waste of $15. Hopefully you do not find this out the hard way.

You never said what pistol this is for but Desantis makes a cheap heavy single clip IWB. Not what you want to have as a main carry but they work in a pinch. Stay away from thin flimsy holsters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast