Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default good south central pa gun shops?

Hello everyone I live down in the franklin county and been looking for other gun shops around kind of local besides the big box stores and hunters den. I like hunters den, except the sizeable mark ups ( I understand they need to make a profit) but I would like to find a place that has a good selection of new n used hand guns. Lookin around the chambersburg n out towards Gettysburg area. If ya know of any good ones let me know, I'd appreciate it.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: good south central pa gun shops?

posted ina different thread. reddings hardware just off franklin st in gettsgurg

These are good folks. On the one hand, it feels like you are stepping back in time. It's a gun shop/hardware store/outdoor goods store - kind of cool. On the other hand, they have great prices on guns and safes. I don't recall seeing anyone beat their prices, and the people who work there seem very personable. There are usually several people on duty, and if one of them doesn't know the answer to a questin they'll track down the other employees for their input.

You have to love a place that looks like somewhere your grandpa probably shopped and sells guns, safes, ammo, fishing equipment, Boy Scout gear, optics, seeds, nails, screws, nuts, bolts, tools, Carhart clothing, framed wildlife prints, and probably a lot of other stuff tucked into corners that I never saw. It's like an old-fashioned candy store for guys..
    In God We Trust............................

(Schuylkill County)

Bonnie's Guns in Chambersburg. Bob works alot of the gun shows on weekends so make sure you check his hours.

(Franklin County)

Thank you for the info on close shops I appreciate it. I won't be able to go to them for a little while cause I went into hunters den to pick up some ammo n they had a new Taurus pt-111 gt2 sitting in the case so I checked it out and it felt great in my hands, not heavy so I ended up putting some cash down on it. Hopefully I can have it paid off soon cause I want to go to the tange with it, but I guess ill continue shooting the 40 till I get the Taurus. The gettysburg place sounds like a place I will like very much n I better not go in there just yet unless I have cash in pocket lol

(Franklin County)

If you wanna get raped on prices, spend too much money at Reddings or Taylors. If you wanna support honest folks and save a few hundred dollars, go see Ron at Connococheague Trade Company. Google the address. He sits up on a hill on 997, about a mile or two past Chambersburg Mall.