Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Urgent Call for Action: DELCO/CHESCO Voters in 26th District

Just got notice from the NRA that my Republican Senator, Edwin (Ted) Erikson from the 26th PA District, is the lone Republican who has gone rogue and co-sponsored Senate Bill 435, Assault Weapons and high-cap mag ban.

I urge all DELCO/CHESCO voters from towns in the 26th District to stop what you're doing and call or write Erikson immediately to express your strong opposition. He's been basically 2A in the past and I believe enough pressure can convince him to see the error of his ways and withdraw support.

(717) 787-1350 or eerickson@pasen.gov

Don't put this off
    Last edited by Gman106; February 19th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.

Default Re: Urgent Call for Action: DELCO/CHESCO Voters in 26th District

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Just got notice from the NRA that my Republican Senator, Edwin (Ted) Erikson from the 26th PA District, is the lone Republican who has gone rogue and co-sponsored Senate Bill 435, Assault Weapons and high-cap mag ban.

I urge all DELCO/CHESCO voters from towns in the 26th District to stop what you're doing and call or write Erikson immediately to express your strong opposition. He's been basically 2A in the past and I believe enough pressure can convince him to see the error of his ways and withdraw support.

(717) 787-1350 or eerickson@pasen.gov

Don't put this off
    Thanks for the heads up on this.

(Allegheny County)

Senator Erikson has been listed as a co sponsor for several weeks now!

you might want to see who else is one the house version you know

SB 435 PA Assault Weapons Ban - 2013-2014 What are you going to do now?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ng-do-now.html

BTW what makes you think Senator Erikson has been basically 2A in the past?

At best is "weak" & doesn't typical sponsor pro freedom bills.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Chester County)

Let the next cave in begin. What a Nightmare.

(Delaware County)

email sent ...

Senator Erickson,
    I am strongly opposed to your support of Senate Bill 435.

Why is it that politicians always want to punish law abiding citizens for the deeds of criminals? I’m sure you have access to the results of the federal assault weapon ban, which concluded that the ban had no affect on gun crime. Why is it so hard for politicians to understand you can pass all the laws you want, criminals will do what they want no matter what you tell them they can’t.

I would suggest you take a look at a common sense opinion to gun control found here: http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20...n-gun-control/

Wm. xxxxxxx
    xxxxxxx, PA

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Senator Erikson has been listed as a co sponsor for several weeks now!

you might want to see who else is one the house version you know

SB 435 PA Assault Weapons Ban - 2013-2014 What are you going to do now?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ng-do-now.html

BTW what makes you think Senator Erikson has been basically 2A in the past?

At best is "weak" & doesn't typical sponsor pro freedom bills.
    By "basically pro-2A" I mean that as far as I know, he has not been actively hostile to 2A until now. That's why his new-found activism concerns me and I let him know it. I've been regularly writing my assembly rep about various house bills, but this is the first time I've learned that one of my home district officials has gone to the dark side.

I got a little lengthy, but he can get the gist of my message by reading the first sentence.

Mr. Erikson,

I just read that you are co-sponsoring an (assault) weapons bill for Pa. (435) I can not begin to express how disappointed I am to hear this.** The policy of punishing good honest gun owners is not one that we should be taking part in.** Passing laws that will make honest gun owners into criminal is not a path that we should go down.

Honest citizens should not be treated worse than criminals. But that is what bills like this do. Criminals will not follow the law since they are criminals and don't care about the law.

I have a question. If honest gun owners have to give up their weapons and mags, will the police also be required to give up their rifles and high capacity magazines? Why will they need their high capacity rifles if they are banned for ordinary citizens to use? In my opinion they will not give up their rifles. Why? Because criminals will still have access to the so called banned weapons. If they did not, the cops would have no legitimate need for the guns. Why should criminals have access to these weapons and not honest upstanding citizens.

Why should I have to worry if I can defend myself during a home invasion because I might not have enough bullets. Why should I not be able to defend myself and my family with the best and most effective method that I can buy. Three weeks ago a single home invader broke into a woman's home with a crowbar. He chased her and her 9 year old twins into an attic where she finally shot him. She shot him 5 times and he still had enough power to get out of the house. Why should she have to worry about "what happens if I miss" or "what if there are multiple home invaders". In a home defense situation having 15, 20 or 30 bullets may be difference between a family living or dying. Why shouldn't honest citizens be treated like the adults they and have the best that they think they need and can afford. Why should other people have the right to decide how honest gun owners choose to defend themselves and tell them how many bullets go from being self defense to committing a crime while trying to defend oneself and family. Why should criminals have access to certain weapons, and the police have access to those same weapons to defend themselves, but I need to handicap myself against the criminals.

Please don't take the path of limiting our 2nd Amendment rights. Please reconsider your stance on this bill.

Sincerely,

xxxx xxxxxxxxxx

(Delaware County)

What an asshole. I am saying that as nice as I can right now. I am firing him an email and will follow up with a phone call tomorrow.

Just to give everyone the heads up he is retiring at the end of his term and I think Rep. Killion is slated to take Erikson's seat. He isn't exactly pro-2A either. So let's send a message to Erikson and all future State Senators to sit in his seat.

I suggested he try Arlene spectres party. Hey hes a ghost now right? how apropriate
    I didnt know this current douche nozzle was retiring
    I used Bills email and bent it more, he's way too polite:
    Senator Erickson,
    To say that I am strongly opposed to your support of Senate Bill 435 is an understatement. I supported you and voted for you for the past 8 years To find that you are supporting this blatant infringement on the rights of law abiding citizens is an abhorrent act that must not go forward and I had hoped that you would have the personal integrity to stand fast against the storm of knee jerk responses to the horrible tragedy in Sandy hook elementary. This act was perpetuated by a mentally ill individual who illegally took the weapons he used from his mother. Now you wish to ride the wave of public outcry to the detriment of your party. Shame on you sir!! shame on you.

Why is it that politicians always want to punish law abiding citizens for the deeds of criminals? I’m sure you have access to the results of the federal assault weapon ban, which concluded that the ban had no affect on gun crime. Why is it so hard for politicians to understand you can pass all the laws you want, criminals will do what they want no matter what you tell them they can’t. I will remember this act next voting cycle,and I will spread this blatant disregard for your oath of office which states "I swear to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania" which defines as follows:
    Right to Bear Arms
    Section 21.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

I would strongly suggest you take a look at a common sense opinion to gun control found here:http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20...n-gun-control/
    I will make it a point to remind every one I can that you are not to be trusted and seek another candidate. Maybe you should try switching to the same party as Arlen Spectre did and see how that works out for you, as you seem more of a liberal democrat than a Republican with honor.
    BigAndy1966

Hey someone see if hes got a facebook page and attack it. I would but dont have facebook any more.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; February 19th, 2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Delaware County)

Well, since the rest of you guys are posting your righteous screeds:

Sen. Erickson,

I am writing to express my absolute shock to learn of your support for SB 435. As a long-time voter and supporter, no words can adequately express the disappointment I feel at this betrayal. Your decision is antithetical to Republicanism and defies the very concepts upon which our Constitutional framers founded our nation.

To join the rogues gallery of opportunistic (and almost exclusively democrat) politicians at the state and federal level who are seizing upon the recent Sandy Hook tragedy to ramrod over-reaching, feel-good, ineffective gun-control - make that citizen control measures, through federal and state legislatures seems far out of character for you. Surely, you recognize that the 2nd amendment does not exist simply to protect the rights of duck hunters. It is fundamental and essential to individual liberty and serves as a bulwark against tyranny.

Accordingly, I strenuously oppose any state or federal legislation which infringes upon one's natural rights to self-defense including this ill-conceived attempt to ban modern sporting rifles and limit magazine capacity (10 rounds is dangerously too few if ever one is required to defend one's life). Further, this arbitrary 10-round limit would effectively turn millions of law-abiding Pennsylvanians into criminals as most semi-automatic hand-guns on the market today are factory designed to accept a 15-round magazine.

I don't know what political calculation you used to arrive at your misguided decision, but to do so is to turn your back on the very concept of what it means to be a free and sovereign people and runs contrary to the God-given right of the people (as guaranteed by the federal and state Constitutions) that to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Arbitrary bans based on NO empirical data to support its effectiveness are nothing more than capricious political pandering in the midst of an emotional debate. Surely, you’re above that, especially when fundamental rights are at stake.

On behalf of the many friends, family and neighbors who value their essential rights and VOTE in the 26th District, I urge you to reconsider your decision and withdraw support of SB 435.

I look forward to your personal reply.
    Last edited by Gman106; February 20th, 2013 at 03:20 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast